Xenogears: Humans + Gears - History

Foxhull

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Only if they made a song called HEY WE NEED 3 MORE TRACKS AND WE R DONE OKAY!

...Tensei one of them is yours buddy! :)

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, im workin on mine, its gettin closer, i've been writing piano music recently so that i could improve the mix. Gimme...say...two weeks and i'll try to finish. :tomatoface:

Other than that, back to homework.... :-x

Well this is interesting...and slightly annoying.

I was moving a partition today, and my comp froze on me, and in the process, completely wiped my hard drive. So all my mix data is gone, but this can be considered a good thing, since I was having serious difficulties finishing it. So I now have an excuse to start over, since I now have the Windows 7 beta running on my comp and Finale works like a charm with it. So it'll still be a piano piece, but won't be quite so drug out and long.

Once I finish catching myself up on the absolute essential programs I need again, my mix will begin. And that should be sometime tonight. Wish me luck. :-P

Well this is interesting...and slightly annoying.

I was moving a partition today, and my comp froze on me, and in the process, completely wiped my hard drive. So all my mix data is gone, but this can be considered a good thing, since I was having serious difficulties finishing it. So I now have an excuse to start over, since I now have the Windows 7 beta running on my comp and Finale works like a charm with it. So it'll still be a piano piece, but won't be quite so drug out and long.

Once I finish catching myself up on the absolute essential programs I need again, my mix will begin. And that should be sometime tonight. Wish me luck. :-P

That sucks, but there's always something slightly delightful about losing everything; like you're not bogged down by useless projects anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I did go through the proper channels back in the day(which have now since been abandoned, since it was creating a "bottleneck"), and *turn on sarcasm*since its in the site project forum, i'd say i'm preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty sure it is *sarcasm off*

All joking aside, I don't think we get discussed as much because:

1)Xenogears gets a lotta remixes(but mainly from only a few songs)

2)We've been around for a while

3)We haven't been making a big deal of ourselves

4)We're not a huge scale project, unlike Summoning of Spirits

5)Most of our discussion takes place in a private forum, so that there is somewhere to bounce around WIPs and ideas without dealing with massive amounts of PM's and emails.

But hey, from the looks of it, we should be done soon. And then we'll get our turn in the spotlight.

So those of you who haven't finished their tracks *raises hand*, get to work! *kicks self mentally to get to work*

Cheers!

Just out of curiosity, is this an official OCR project? t doesn't seem to be discussed as much as the other ones.

no offense, foxhull, but it's fallen into the realm of laproject and a few others because of poor leadership and a general lack of people being involved besides avaris. this is what happens when you don't get high-profile mixers on board right away, and try and hack it with unknowns.

Yeah as soon as we get 20 tracks we are done. WE HAVE 17 DONE RIGHT NOW. I have contacted a few people and taken on yet another track in order to finish this thing. The website is basically done. It will just have to be updated so it displays the correct info for the final track list. I have contacted people about mirrors too, some have agreed but I still their website info. Artists have been contacted every month or two asking them to finish their songs.

We won't be able to release until Tales and FFIV release. If the DK2 project makes faster progress than we do we will have to wait even longer. Frankly in about a month or two things could happen for that will completely take over my life but I will still send out PMs to get this thing released. It is unfair to those artists who finished songs quickly and cared about the project.

But in terms of project history Brad pretty much hit the nail on the head. There are some STELLAR tracks on this project from artists. I think there have been in the realm of 3-4 direct posts already.

• 3 weeks later...

Sweetness. I was gonna start doing the backing for the sax solo song as well.

Great news everyone r3forged just finished his track as well. That makes 19 total finished. I know regardless is the world ends we will be getting at least 1 more track. So this project is def a go to be released as soon as we apply the finishing touches. I would love to have 25 tracks total but I'd be more than happy with 20-22.

Thanks everyone for your continued support thus far!