Xenogears: Humans + Gears - History

Foxhull

He had sent me emails once every few months. He eventually dropped his track citing he didn't he could finish it in time or make it up to snuff. His last WIPs of it were decent. I received a PM from him about 3-4 weeks ago stating he was going to brazil for a year for some stuff for his church.

Not only did he create the project, he did a tremendous amount of work in the first 6 months of the project and was very active. IMO his senior year of high school and subsequent first year of college really didn't give him the time or mental framework to run a project. Those are prob the two worst years of someone's life to try and coordinate a project, considering the sheer amount of change and craziness that happens. Just in case for people looking to run a project, I'd say I sent in the amount of 350-600 emails/pms while running this thing over the course of 3 years. Some people you'd sent multiple messages for an entire year before you get a word back. It's kinda grating after awhile, but if you can run the marathon it's worth it in the end. Some times people go through "life" for 6-7 months and are unreachable but usually come out the end of it rearing to go and churn out some sonic goodness.

He had sent me emails once every few months. He eventually dropped his track citing he didn't he could finish it in time or make it up to snuff. His last WIPs of it were decent. I received a PM from him about 3-4 weeks ago stating he was going to brazil for a year for some stuff for his church.

Not only did he create the project, he did a tremendous amount of work in the first 6 months of the project and was very active. IMO his senior year of high school and subsequent first year of college really didn't give him the time or mental framework to run a project. Those are prob the two worst years of someone's life to try and coordinate a project, considering the sheer amount of change and craziness that happens. Just in case for people looking to run a project, I'd say I sent in the amount of 350-600 emails/pms while running this thing over the course of 3 years. Some people you'd sent multiple messages for an entire year before you get a word back. It's kinda grating after awhile, but if you can run the marathon it's worth it in the end. Some times people go through "life" for 6-7 months and are unreachable but usually come out the end of it rearing to go and churn out some sonic goodness.

Seconded from both ends. I'm still just kinda getting my feet wet and, let me tell ya, it's not easy. The balance and dedication required is ridiculous. And you have to have really good people to depend on for doing things you can't possibly have all the time for. On the other end, I've gone through that "life" phase a number of times, but when you do come back, it's usually at full force with the fires of hell lighting your motivation. Not every project may reach the finishing line, or within the range of time they intended it to complete, but those that do are usually worth all the trouble and more.

Shaun, get back to studying!

good luck on your gres today, shaun.

you could always run a project like i am with link's, though - i send a pm once and a while, write a song occasionally, and let the remixers provide the impetus. two schools of thought. pushing people totally gets the music out the door on time, but sometimes it's better to let things cure over time rather than trying to rush them.

• 2 weeks later...
good luck on your gres today, shaun.

you could always run a project like i am with link's, though - i send a pm once and a while, write a song occasionally, and let the remixers provide the impetus. two schools of thought. pushing people totally gets the music out the door on time, but sometimes it's better to let things cure over time rather than trying to rush them.

Thanks dude, ended up not doing half bad for barely studying! (god i hate standardized tests)

Oh BTW, just talked about you in an interview for this project bwhahahahahaha. :nicework:

EDIT: I talked about you again!

Well I picked out one of the tracks, and Justin will pick out the other. The one track I picked out is not a debut track for the project on OCR (the mixes that are posted on the projects release)

BUT

It is worthy of a debut track and I think this is a track that deserves as much praise as it can get. I only had so many slots to choose project release tracks from, so I wanted to use this opportunity to give an awesome song part of the limelight.

God, that was so epic with the music in the background. The whole interview felt like an amazing inspirational speech, hahaha.

Seriously, though, you seem like an awesome guy, Shaun, and it was great getting to hear you talk about the project. I'm glad this all finally came through for you!

I'm just about to listen to the preview tracks... Everything I've heard about this project from friends and acquaintances is that it's one of the best projects ever released, so I have really high hopes for this!

Alright, so, I'm guessing it went in this order: Binary Chain, Quickening, and Akkadia Rising, right? All of those were great in their own respects (I especially like the percussion and the very unique beat going on in Akkadia Rising) but I have a feeling the most memorable tracks have yet to be heard. I am so psyched for this, best of luck getting this thing released already! :-D

Thanks dude! :)

It was def a fun interview. The project was quite a rocky road looking back on it. It was def a privilege to interact with and meet so many cool people.

The 2nd track was Echoes by Fishy. The third track was suppose to be Welcome to the Human Race by John Revoredo and Paul Weaps; but I guess ya guys got the full Akkadia Rising track instead. Akkadia Rising is by myself and the Prophet of Mephisto.

The project will be released as soon as everything is all loaded up and set into place. There are no delays for anything except how much work it takes to prepare the OCR site for a new album. :)

There is also a text based interview Square Enix Music will publish in the coming weeks. It goes into some more specifics about the project.

I also just wanted to say that seeing Ziwtra's name on the tracklist so many times, as well as in the podcast, prompted me to check out his other material, since I'd never heard of him before. I've been listening to his music nonstop for 2 days now, thanks to this project :-P That was a pretty sweet discovery for me, I can't wait to hear what he's contributed to the project!