Xenogears: Humans + Gears - History

Foxhull

Welcome to the thread for Humans and Gears, a Xenogears Rearrangement Project. It is a collaboration of remixers to remix the Xenogears soundtrack.

Tracklist

Humans Disc

1)Foxhull - Memories of the World (June Mermaid) - (now very tentative, as I have to redo it completely due to a comp. wipe)

2)avaris - The Last Fatima (Aveh, the Ancient Dance)

3)POCKETMAN - The Liquid State (Fuse)

4)Jormungand - Faraway Promise

5)Geoffrey Taucer - The Treasure Which Cannot Be Stolen

6)Avaris/The Prophet of Mephisto - Awakening

7)Fishy - Echoes of the Wind (Shebat: The Wind is Calling)

8 )Vampire Hunter Dan - Ship of Emotion and Song (Flight, Emotions, The Ship of Regret and Sleep)

9)zikon - Tears of The Stars, Hearts of The People

10)ziwtra - Bonds of Sea And Fire

11)POCKETMAN - Take Flight (Wings)

12)Prometheus - CyberneticLove1.0 (Lost...Broken Shards)

13)CHIPP Damage - Tamasu Man of the Sea

14)RoeTaka - Knight of Fire

15)Jormungand - Forest of the Black Moon

16)RoeTaka - The Treasure Which Cannot Be Stolen

17)Prometheus - Welcome to the Human Race (Stage of Death)

18 )TheLeviathan - Shattering of the Dream Egg

Gears Disc

1)R3FORGED - Omen

2)about:blank - Dogma (One Who Bares Fangs at God)

3)Wintermute/Troy Lawlor - Binary Chain (Bonds of Sea and Fire)

4)avaris/Blue Magic - Defective (The One Who is Torn Apart)

5)E-Bison - ZenoParadox (The Light from the Netherworlds)

6)Siamey - Back to Sleep

7)Another Soundscape/avaris - Daijiru (Too Hot For Clothes) (Daijiru: City of Burning Sands)

8 )avaris/Nutritious/Sausage Ninja/OA - June Mermaid

9)ziwtra - Wings

10)Geoffrey Taucer & Friends - Omen Medley

11)Electric Concerto - The Wounded Shall Advance to the Light

12)Nutritious - Dreamscape (Leftovers of The Dreams of The Strong)

13)Tensei-San/DragonAvenger - Stars of Tears

14)The Vagrance - Invasion

15)nrich - Graaf, Emperor of Darkness

Done

Almost Done

Updated Available Tracks:

20 - In A Dark Sleep (possibly taken)

25 - The Blue Traveler

27 - The Jaws of Ice

31 - The Sky, The Clouds, And You

36 - Solaris: Eden of Heaven

39 - Pray For The People's Joy

43 - The Beginning And The End

44 - Small of Two Pieces ~ Broken Shards (Restored Pieces)

The Valley Where the Wind is Born

Project Leader-Foxhull

Co-coordinator-avaris

Instrumentalists and Vocalists

Tensei-San - Electric Guitar(8 years)

Foxhull - Flute(4 years), Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Piano

The Prophet of Mephisto - Saxophone

Geoffrey Taucer - Guitar, Piano, Irish Whistle

MagiNinjA - Violin, Clarinet

Fishy - Guitar

LuIzA - Guitar, Bass, Vocals, Drum Sequencing

Zolborn - Vocals

DragonAvenger - Vocals

Web Designer

ziwtra

Sig is here!

Sig-1.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i144/swallace21/Sig-1.jpg

Mini-Sig Courtesy of zikon!

xenogearssigla3.jpg

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/8838/xenogearssigla3.jpg

this project is going to fail, fucking horribly.

you have NO cred.

NO star power.

you have numbers in your name ;)

you don't have any proven remixing skill.

this is destined to fail...

Pi whatev's is working because of an amazing concept.

you should post on the forums more, get a reputation before you go starting a full-scale project like this.

srsly.

I hate to break it to you, but he's right. Until you have some level of notoriety around here, organizing a remix project is ill-advised, if not impossible. Besides which ...

If you wish to head up a Site Project, contact me via PM, and we can discuss your project and work out the details.

Unless you've already done that, chances are this thread will be locked down anyway. Don't get me wrong, a Xenogears remix project has plenty of potential, but unless you've gone through all the proper channels, it just isn't going to happen. If you haven't already, familiarize yourself with OCR's Site Project Guidelines.

Good luck.

I posted a request for a Xenogears project some time ago... (it seems it was lost in some kind of requests forum cleanup)

Too bad I'm not anything like a remixer... just a listener! :D

I was excited about the idea of a Xenogears project, but I guess that the guys around have a point about an unknown user creating a project like this.

Maybe you could pass the lead of the project to a veteran user that jump in...? :P

While I love the Xenogears soundtrack, I really do not think you should not be the one to start it at this point. I don't mean to insult you or anything, but the better-known you are, the more star power you're going to get on this project. I'm sorry to say it, but you don't have the noteriety required to start a Xenogears project which would come anywhere close to doing the OST justice.

I really don't mean to insult you; I don't mean to suggest it's your fault that big-name remixers aren't going to rush to join this project, it's just a simple fact about the way projects generally work; if you aren't well-known, you won't get well-known mixers on your project. And Xenogears has a soundtrack which fully deserves to have top-calibur mixers if there is to be a project.

That said, if this project does get off the ground and if you can convince me that it will be any good, I'll talk to PriZm and the Prophet about redoing our old mix of "Gathering Stars" for possible inclusion in the project, if you're interested.

That said, if this project does get off the ground and if you can convince me that it will be any good, I'll talk to PriZm and the Prophet about redoing our old mix of "Gathering Stars" for possible inclusion in the project, if you're interested.

After you record the guitar part for my TA: Forest mix :P

I really don't mean to insult you; I don't mean to suggest it's your fault that big-name remixers aren't going to rush to join this project, it's just a simple fact about the way projects generally work; if you aren't well-known, you won't get well-known mixers on your project. And Xenogears has a soundtrack which fully deserves to have top-calibur mixers if there is to be a project.

But this assumes that only well-known mixers are top-calibur mixers, yeah?

But this assumes that only well-known mixers are top-calibur mixers, yeah?

I'm not saying that ONLY well-known mixers are top-calibur mixers, but let's be honest; those who are well-known and respected are generally well-known and respected for good reason. A project with mixes by a bunch of n00bs may very well have some good tracks on it, but if you want a project that's awesome accross the board -- and I think the Xenogears OST deserves this -- your best bet is to recruit remixers who have already proven themselves to be top-notch remixers.

Occasionally, we do get people who are brand new who can make kickass mixes. Christian Pacaud, sixto, and antisheep jump to mind; they came outta nowhere and produced fantastic mixes. But such people are rare, and the collossal majority of people who are good at remixing have gotten good because they've been around for awhile, and have thus become well-known.

In order to get good remixers on your project, we need to be able to know you well enough to trust you to run a good project. Around here, we don't know you at all. Again, I don't mean to be rude, and I'm sorry if it seems like I'm trying to shoot you down, I'm just pointing out the facts of the situation.

Hey, look what I found!

That aside, am I the only person who thinks it's kinda redundant to have a project for a game that already has plenty of exposure on OCR? If you're going to do that, I think you should at least have an original concept or theme besides "let's remix the entire soundtrack." Chrono Symphonic is a good example of this.

Speaking of which, maybe try a Chrono Cross project instead. I'd definitely participate in that one. ;)

I had a crazy idea I pm'ed rpggamer about, since alot you guys seem to be talking about this thread I think maybe I'll share my idea with everyone and see what kinda response it gets.

The prospects of this working sounds really nice, but actually getting it to work will be very hard.

I agree we might need a better idea than to just remix the whole album, and Taucer was saying all the stuff about noobs mixing and vets mixing, which I agree with.

My idea would to have a Xenogears vs Xenogears project. Each song would be remixed twice. One remixer would have to have 2 or more songs on OCR, and the other would have to have 1 or less. Vet vs Noob. This would create internal competition, bc someone like Taucer or sephfire defiantly wouldn't want to get bested by a noob. While a noob like myself, would relish the chance to be able to try and top a well-known mixer. I would work my ass off to be able to do that. Obviously the noobs would have to be top quality like antisheep or some others.

At the end of the project there could be some kind of vote off for each source song to see who mixed it better the vet or the noob. You also do the remix in two styles also. I like the vet vs noob idea better though(kinda biased bc im a noob in this community).

This is a very "unique" way to do a project, this is just a random idea that I thought up of, and I was curious to see what the response is on it? Some of your opinions so far, on u gotta have some vets on this, and there needs to be a unique project theme for it, kinda lead me to conjure up this idea.

It's a unique idea, but one I very strongly oppose.

For one, projects always have enough drama without intentionally inserting more competition.

For another, which mix is "best" is completely subjective. Your idea is more or less a series of project-endorsed "favorites" threads.

For a third, covering each track twice would be too big a project; if you've followed other projects, you'll know that it's a huge undertaking as-is; if you take that and all-out double it, it's never gonna see the light of day.

For a fourth, n00bs of antisheep's calibur are in extremely short supply; what would most likely happen is that the veteran would win on almost every single vote, and I think some n00bs would find that discouraging.

I think it would be a far better idea for each veteran on the project to choose a n00b to collab with, take under his/her wing so to speak, and the two produce one track together.

However, as one who has done many collabs, including some collabs with n00bs that never saw the light of day, I can tell you that this would be a logistical nightmare as well, and I can't say I'd throw much support behind that either.