Xenogears: Humans + Gears - History

Foxhull

if anyone wants help with their orchestral mix, i'm very experienced in doing those kind of things (i'm a music education major). i'll help you out, provided i'm just doing orchestration and not writing your mix for you.

Wow the answer to my prayers haha. I'll hit you up with PM soon with the my orchestral mix. I actually know exactly how I want it to sound, i got an example, but the problem is I don't know what instruments to group together to get that sound.

I hope this works. Why jump on somebody and tear them down for trying to do something interesting? Aren't these projects supposed to be collective efforts by the OCR community?

I've been gone for a long time but has OCR really become that elitist?

We should be happy that there are people who are willing to put work into organizing this kind of project. Why those with "star power" wouldn't help a project like this get off the ground is beyond me.

E-Bison

Part of the reason is that there have been projects organized in the past that didn't quite make it off the ground. I know that there was a Star Fox project that made some progress before it was shot down, as well as the Final Fantasy Tactics piano project.

It would seem that mixers don't want to get involved in a project that won't actually be released. That is why "star power" is considered important: people who have been in around the community for a while and have invested themselves into it are considered more reliable. They have spent more time here, they are more familiar with the goings-on of the site, and they are better connected. Thus, the projects that these people organize are more likely to follow through and actually finish.

That is not at all to say that this project is doomed to abject failure. I love the game and the source music, and I think it's an interesting approach to a project. But the odds are stacked against it, unfortunately.

Best of luck, all of you.

Part of the reason is that there have been projects organized in the past that didn't quite make it off the ground. I know that there was a Star Fox project that made some progress before it was shot down

Sweet shit, that would'a been awesome. Was it Starfox, or Starfox 64?

Seriously, I think this mix has potential, but you guys skipped a major step. You didn't get enough well-known artists signed on. Unless you already contacted them, and then, well... good luck. Try again. Idea. Just contact EVERY judge to do a ReMix.

No... that might get them mad. But, yeah. You really need more people signed on. Good luck with that. For pulling through this long, especially after so much criticism, you really need to show up the nay-sayers.

We've tried a huge amount of people but right now the main theme is there's too many projects going on right now so everyone's busy. There's the FFVII project zircon's doing, that Radical Dreamers one that just started, Links Awakening and Pokemon have projects going, there's the boss battle one thats starting, there's the Mega Man IV one thats trying to get off the ground, with all of these projects going on there simply aren't enough remixers around, especially "big name" ones, so thats probably the main reason why recent projects are mostly new guys. I have no intentions of leaving this project whatsoever and I plan on seeing this through to the end, despite having many other goals.

I hope this works. Why jump on somebody and tear them down for trying to do something interesting? Aren't these projects supposed to be collective efforts by the OCR community?

I've been gone for a long time but has OCR really become that elitist?

We should be happy that there are people who are willing to put work into organizing this kind of project. Why those with "star power" wouldn't help a project like this get off the ground is beyond me.

E-Bison

ROFL

go check my project

minimum star power

...there's the boss battle one thats starting...

...with all of these projects going on there simply aren't enough remixers around, especially "big name" ones, so thats probably the main reason why recent projects are mostly new guys...

Thats... mine? Wow, right to my face, and you didn't even realize. I give up. I think I'll go crawl into a hole, no one even wants me... I think I feel worse than Arek. Arek, pretend to feel bad, thats the only way it'll work.

Seriously, you don't need star power (although it helps). As long as you have good mixers, and an original theme... Snap! I've got you beat! HA Ha haa.... suckers.

No, no, really. Thats what makes a difference. Since yours is "just another project" (no offense), you've got to get it hyped. Make it as good as you can. Obviously. But contact everyone. Listen to 200 mixes... seriously. Then pick the top 15 favorites in the style you want. Then contact those people.

ed]

...with all of these projects going on there simply aren't enough remixers around, especially "big name" ones, so thats probably the main reason why recent projects are mostly new guys...

Thats... mine? Wow, right to my face, and you didn't even realize. I give up. I think I'll go crawl into a hole, no one even wants me... I think I feel worse than Arek. Arek, pretend to feel bad, thats the only way it'll work.

Seriously, you don't need star power (although it helps). As long as you have good mixers, and an original theme... Snap! I've got you beat! HA Ha haa.... suckers.

No, no, really. Thats what makes a difference. Since yours is "just another project" (no offense), you've got to get it hyped. Make it as good as you can. Obviously. But contact everyone. Listen to 200 mixes... seriously. Then pick the top 15 favorites in the style you want. Then contact those people.

Hey, no badmouthing other projects, especially ones that your participating in...unless you are Doomsday.

Hooray!

We're not dead yet!

dead yet? since when?

Since now...wait, now.....nope, that was in the past too, how abouuuut....NOW!

also, im going to pming a few more people soon hopefully. also, when this one is finished, ive already got a few ideas for my next project...and i can guarranty, they are original.

ed]

Haha, no offense to you man, I am in that project after all, it was more of a general statement but whatever...

>_>

<_<

Also, mostly new guys for a project isn't bad at all, after all, look at, well, this topic.

Ooh, fix the name, please. After that, you can fix the tracklist. ;)

Anyway, I support this project, regardless of all the negative feedback. OK, so I don't care for the "super mix" idea, but that's independent of the main body of remixes and furthermore I have nothing to do with it, so it makes no difference to me.

As for having "big-name" remixers...it's not necessary. It's only a gimmick for attracting a full list of mixers.

So, to anyone who wants to join but is hesitant because they don't want their name on a project that may never see completion, just sign up. The only people who will give you the "I told you so" mentality aren't worth your time anyway. If it fails, at least you have a new mix started. And if it doesn't, well, you win. It's a victory either way, ladies and gents.

The only people who will give you the "I told you so" mentality aren't worth your time anyway. If it fails, at least you have a new mix started. And if it doesn't, well, you win. It's a victory either way, ladies and gents.

...beautiful :cry: Personally I always enjoy reading all the negativity every day when I come home from class or work.

Reforged, I checked my email and my PM box but I haven't gotten anything yet. Of course ur the same R3FORGED with the crazy tetris track. That took me a lil while to track down. Guess u slightly changed ur name. With ur Tetris mix your pretty much in. Just have to wait rpggamer180 now to give you the full go.

Omen is a pretty nasty source tune, I almost picked it when I first signed up. I was hoping this was gonna be done in a trance/electronic style. Of course if u got something else in mind that's cool. Your high production values should really make this one bad ace.

This project is starting to have a strong trance/electronic music influence which is sweet.

I see we're off to a good start already!

/sarcasm

EDIT: I'm tempted to do multiple remixes of Invasion, my latest idea: Boards of Canada-styled Invasion. In fact, I think I'm going to start off the "Invasion" site project where all of the mixes are of Invasion, a grand departure no less.

EDIT 2: Happy 2-and-a-half month anniversary!!

I don't know if anyone else has seen the movie "The Magnificent Seven" but the theme of that movie has some pretty close similarities to the song "Flight." I think it'd be pretty cool if someone could do an old western take on the song. But I have no idea how in line with the project that style would be.