OCR00570 - Mega Man 2 "Crashed Men"

orkybash

Mega Man 2 'Crashed Men'

*VERY* strange intro, but somehow , this mix wouldn't be the same without it. Now that I mention it, very strange remix, but in a fun way. Lots of stuff going on in the background with the drums and the bass which almost upstages the melody, but not quite. On the technical side of things, I noticed a bit of clipping near the. But overall, this is a really fun remix, and deserves a listen from everyone at least once.

• 10 months later...

8/10 This is one of those crazy mixes where you can't help just chuckle and nod your head when you hear it. The first 0:35 or so is the voice samples over the beat thing, and it's done well. After that it launches into the more musical part and doesn't look back. It develops its style well.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Those screams from the audience was terrible. And that guy commenting in he beginning, that was,...I don´t know, had a man crashed?

It´s really hard trying to get all the metaphores in all remixes, so I´m just going to comment the remix.

It appears to be a concert, nice guitars and synth, crashman´s stage has always had some polka-style too it, cause when it plays, it´s very hard not to jiggle with the rhytm. But I don´t get it why the remix stops so suddenly? It doesn´t even fade away.

I like the drums before the middle part, sounded real and cool. Aeneurysm, nice version of your crashman, it had its moment loaded with good instruments and style.

• 1 year later...

Strange for sure, nowadays if this was to hit the judges panel, I predict there'd be a three-page-long debate. Personally, I think the song is very creative, and the seemingly random drums overpower the melody a bit. The intro was a bit strange, but that didn't bother me, it was the massive distortion on the volume on the bill and ted quote as well as the crowd. It just didn't work for me.

Anyways..

Not my cuppa, but I recommend everyone give it a listen, you won't be hearing anything like it any time soon. :)

• 1 year later...

Drum work is what really brings this mix up. It's never the same for more than a moment, which is awesome. The intro is strange, but somehow works for this mix, so I'll take it, although it makes me raise an eyebrow. Bassline is pretty rockin' too.

What bothers me is the melody is straight up, and is rather dull if you listen just for it. Why spend so much time with all the other elements, but not spruce up the core? The other thing would be the ending, which is abrupt. Not the worst ending out there, but there could be a better way to end it.

Overall, worth a listen.

• 6 months later...

Ummmm. Okay. wha?

The intro to this is either extremely unstable or one of the most beautiful intros of all time. Can't decide which. And to overanalyse it would be criminal. So I'll leave it alone.

All you really need to hear in this mix is a whirlwind of drums. There's a melody creating a spine to the madness, but I didn't find it overly remarkable. The unpredictable flurry of percussion was awesome though, and nailed the concept really well. It's psychotic but completely sensical in some unknown way.

I think the correct way to interpret this mix is to say "What the fuck did I just listen to?" after listening, followed by "Now let's listen again." Definately one of a kind.

• 3 months later...

o_O

O_o

This is like ... the mental equivalent of shifting without a clutch. Whilst one is still attempting to mentally wrestle with the intro they just heard, they are blasted by a mellow nicely grooving Crashman mix.

I think the correct way to interpret this mix is to say "What the f**k did I just listen to?" after listening, followed by "Now let's listen again." Definately one of a kind.

I completely agree with the preceding statement.

P.s. Nice utilization of the Amen Break.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00570 - Mega Man 2 "Crashed Men"