Heart of a Gamer: A Tribute to Satoru Iwata - History

The Damned

Hey TheDamned, I think I pointed out a a couple pages back that A-Ron has dropped out, but I still see our names on the list of remixers.

Still down to collab if someone wants - I can also mix/master if you want.

Yeah, just looked back and saw it. Missed it entirely. Sorry.

Are you still in or should I remove you as well?

I can't seem to find anything that I like or fits with what I want for a cover. I think that might be because I don't really know what I want for the cover.

I'm really bad with this sort of thing. So instead, I'm going to blame Themysteriousassassin and then take all the credit for when the album goes quadruple platinum.

Shame I only just found the site, I would have loved to have taken part in this project. Satoru Iwata had such a massive influence on many of the games we all cherished in our childhood, making a tribute album of game music he had a major role in is a wonderful idea and I can't wait to hear the work you guy's have put in to it :)  

Hi, I'm an artist. Well actually I'm a freelance illustrator , game artist and artistic designer. I'm still getting my profile validated at the moment and my website is under construction (neither look good on a resumé, I know!) but as a Nintendo fanboy I'd be delighted to be considered for the cover art. If you're interested, please feel free to respond and maybe I can send you some of my artwork via email?
Thanks for the consideration
Odai

Hi, I'm an artist. Well actually I'm a freelance illustrator , game artist and artistic designer. I'm still getting my profile validated at the moment and my website is under construction (neither look good on a resumé, I know!) but as a Nintendo fanboy I'd be delighted to be considered for the cover art. If you're interested, please feel free to respond and maybe I can send you some of my artwork via email?

Odai

Why are you asking for permission and then adding an unnecessary step? Just post or link some art here. Show, don't tell. :-)

Odai

Portfolio or get out. :<

No, seriously, let's see your work. Link, post here, whatever.

OK. Hearing you loud and clear :-D Unfortunately, I'm either incredibly dim or there's no simple way to upload images. I tried everything from "manage attachments" in the profile section, to simply copy-pasting them here.

So... Plan B... Here's my (as aforementioned under construction) website:
https://david-owen-gn1e.squarespace.com/illustration/

Please forgive the site's rough edges and just look at the pictures. Hopefully they pass muster!
Cheers

EDIT: By the way, Please judge the calibre of my work rather than what the pictures actually are. I can (and often must due to the nature of my job) tailor my designs and style to suit whatever's needed.

I can't seem to find anything that I like or fits with what I want for a cover. I think that might be because I don't really know what I want for the cover.

I'm really bad with this sort of thing. So instead, I'm going to blame Themysteriousassassin and then take all the credit for when the album goes quadruple platinum.

"Everybody is a critic. Oi..."

OK. Hearing you loud and clear :-D Unfortunately, I'm either incredibly dim or there's no simple way to upload images. I tried everything from "manage attachments" in the profile section, to simply copy-pasting them here.

So... Plan B... Here's my (as aforementioned under construction) website:

https://david-owen-gn1e.squarespace.com/illustration/

Please forgive the site's rough edges and just look at the pictures. Hopefully they pass muster!

Cheers

EDIT: By the way, Please judge the calibre of my work rather than what the pictures actually are. I can (and often must due to the nature of my job) tailor my designs and style to suit whatever's needed.

Holy cow, that is some good art there friend! Consider me impressed.

I would say that's normal. I think you should give an artist a shot, and compare the results based on what you get, not whether you think it might match your (undetermined) vision or not. I would still recommend either Jessie Lam or rnn, but I'm more leaning towards Jessie Lam. I'm just blown away by the amount of detail and finesse in these.

I would say that's normal. I think you should give an artist a shot, and compare the results based on what you get, not whether you think it might match your (undetermined) vision or not. I would still recommend either Jessie Lam or rnn, but I'm more leaning towards Jessie Lam. I'm just blown away by the amount of detail and finesse in these.

Lets not also forget Odai over there, who we should have as a fall back in case nothing works out. He's interested, and has the time, so we shouldn't count him out.

Hey guys! It's been a while! :D
I'm givin' a little re-touches and other small details to my Pokémon song, so sorry for the delay :/

Anyway, I also work as a freelance illustrator and stuff, so there is my portfolio if you are interested in the art of the tribute album ;)
http://patrick-theater.deviantart.com/gallery/

See you guys soon! :D

Having thought it over more, I do know what I don't want for the cover:

• No bananas. It's a meme, and memes are not appropriate for a tribute album.
  • Nothing with gravestones or funerals. The album is celebrating his work, not mourning his death.
  • No video game characters crying. It's cliched as hell, and again, celebrating > mourning.
  • Avoid any specific religious imagery. I don't know what, if any, religion he was involved with, and arbitrarily assigning one without knowing could be really disrespectful. Better to play it safe.

Other than that, I'd not too picky. Remember, the album is meant to celebrate his work, and his life.

I'd like you guys here to submit a few ideas. I'm creatively depleted right now, so feel free to throw some ideas at the walls.