*NO* Aladdin 'NoizyZany'

Chimpazilla

Hi! I've played around with this awesome song. I hope it's good enough for the site. This is my first attempt ever at remixes.

I have attached the MP3.

• Your ReMixer name : NoizyZany
  • Your email address: 
  • Name of game(s) arranged :  Aladdin
  • Name of arrangement : Arabier Rockier
  • Name of individual song(s) arranged : Arab Rock
This game was on Genesis in 1993.

Composer : Tommy Tallarico, Donald S. Griffin

Original song: 

Thank you a lot for taking the time to evaluate my submission and let me know if something is missing.

Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

Track starts out so conservative that I think it might almost be a midi-rip, but I'm not sure, maybe it's just really conservative.  The bell arp seems too loud.  I like the concept of doing this source as an aggressive guitar mix, but that bell timbre really doesn't accent a guitar soundscape too well, maybe it is just mixed too loudly.  The biggest issue I have here honestly is that absolutely terrible lead timbre.  It's a horrible fake guitar, it sounds so flat and doesn't cut through the mix well, it's really hurting the soundscape.  At 1:42 a better lead guitar sound starts but it's so quiet that it is buried in the mix.  The track ends at 2:12 with zero resolution and just the completion of the patterns playing.  

I think this track is much too conservative overall and it would need to be rebalanced and that awful lead sound replaced.  It is so short and there is no ending.  Lots to work on here, but a decent start.

NO

Cool source, and this is definitely a genre/style approach that can work. There are bits & pieces that are clicking - the SID-style chiptune arp hits, for instance - but in general, Kris covered the major issues above:

• Fakey guitar lead sound hurts the overall piece. This CAN be a legit/intentional aesthetic, but in this case it doesn't sound ironic or stylized, it just sounds like a pretty obviously fake guitar.
  • Aspects of that bell pattern are pretty conservative/verbatim, although tbh this isn't MAJOR...
  • Ending just kinda cuts off, in a way that prevents any sort of development/resolution
  • Overall production is below par - elements aren't well-balanced, certain components stick out, doesn't feel like a cohesive whole

It's not terrible, but it needs a lot of work.

NO

I'll start of by saying I really like the concept and the ideas behind your arrangement here.  The synthy rock style really clicks with the OST.

That said, I also agree with the Dave & Kris' crits above.  I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I do want to emphasize that the lead guitar really needs to be replaced with something else.  Honestly, it could be either a guitar or strong synth lead and still work really well.  For the rest, I have to defer to the above votes because I find myself completely agreeing with each point that's already been covered.

Great concept, but execution needs work.  Good luck to you.

NO resubmit, please