DuckTales - Transylvania ReMix feat. Furilas!

or as I call it, "House on Haunted Bill" causing Furilas to scowl so hard his face hurts.

Anyway, here's a remix I composed/arranged etc. and got Furilas to play bass on. It's a take on the Transylvania theme inspired by The Misfits, 50s and 60s rock and classic spooky cartoons! Maximum cheesiness and nostalgia! Also, %#$@ the moon! It's over-rated!

https://soundcloud.com/angelcityoutlaw/ducktales-transyvlania-remix-feat-furilas

Here's the source. 

I'm new to the OCR community and remixes in general, so I don't feel completely qualified to give "constructive criticism" (not aware that you need any) but I will list the positive attributes about this:

It's kind of infectious. I liked it from the first few notes. The song keeps changing and adding new parts. The mix and levels are good. The style, instruments and the way they're rendered  are very appropriate to the overall feeling/mood of the song.

Really nice piece!

FYI... My first remix/post is in the same forum listed as WIP and is entitled "Mario Paint Theme Song - Pickin Colors". Please feel free to provide feedback if you're so inclined.

Very nice.  I love the cheesy theremin and organ work.  And your take on the chorus is really, really nice.

I feel like it could use a bit more of an introduction.  You obviously have no trouble with original content; a bit of that at the beginning to build up would be nice IMHO.  Otherwise, I have nothing to add.  Get this posted!

Very nice.  I love the cheesy theremin and organ work.  And your take on the chorus is really, really nice.

I feel like it could use a bit more of an introduction.  You obviously have no trouble with original content; a bit of that at the beginning to build up would be nice IMHO.  Otherwise, I have nothing to add.  Get this posted!

I'm glad you like it!

I kicked around a couple ideas for an original intro, but they didn't seem to work as well as they did in my head. I knew I wanted to start it with the theremin, though. I originally tried adding in the sound of me fumbling to plug my guitar in before the track really starts to add to the punk influence.

Also, I'll probably swap out this .wav on soundcloud for a different render, which would be the one I'd submit. In the one currently posted, I left in some of the noise of Furilas' fingers on the bass as he prepared to play the next passage. I thought it added to the "live" and "raw" kind of feel a bit, but now it's just making me OCD.

Well, it was sounding pretty good up until 1:58. At that point it's noticeable that the weak point here is the orchestral instruments. The timpani is noticeably muddy, and the soundscape at 1:58 - 2:15 is murky and washy. The reverb on the strings hides their fakeness a bit, but I'm hearing a pretty substantial amount of that reverb. Perhaps raising the low cut on the timpani a bit can help.

I also thought 2:15 - 2:22 could use a bit more fullness, since I thought it was an awkward transition, texturally, to 2:23. I would have expected that guitar lead to be more similar to the one at 2:23.

Other than that, this is pretty solid. But I do consider what I mentioned to be somewhat major, so hopefully you haven't submitted yet. :razz:

I have updated the soundcloud with a render that has the string noise cut out and a rolloff on some of the Timpani's low end and same for pizzicato.

The timpani is noticeably muddy, and the soundscape at 1:58 - 2:15 is murky and washy.

I wasn't bothered by it, but I can see why some might be so I decided to side with you and cut some of the lower frequencies.

The reverb on the strings hides their fakeness a bit, but I'm hearing a pretty substantial amount of that reverb

Maybe, but it came out sounding exactly as I imagined.

I also thought 2:15 - 2:22 could use a bit more fullness, since I thought it was an awkward transition, texturally, to 2:23. I would have expected that guitar lead to be more similar to the one at 2:23.

I disagree completely. I don't really see what's awkward or jarring about the transition, honestly. Especially for a tune that's supposed to be wacky and weird, but even if it wasn't supposed to be I don't hear it sounding awkward.