What's a reasonable price for my Wii U?

AngelCityOutlaw

Okay, I'm not entirely sure if this would go in this forum, but...

I'm trying to sell my Wii U locally. I've had it about a year, but the number of times I've used it probably isn't even in the double-digits.

Here's what I'm including with it:

An extra Wii-mote and nunchuck

2 Amiibos. Zelda un-opened and an opened Samus.

Twilight Princess

Ninja Gaiden 3

New Super Mario Bros. U

Smash Bros 4 & Brawl

Pandora's Tower 

The Last Story - the version that came with the fancy storybook case and artbook.

I also have the Wii U's original box. Anyway, I was originally just going to sell it all for $250 bucks, but I was told by some that's "insanely high" and by others that it's not enough. Looking online, I see people selling Wii U's with less games or nothing at all in my area for a lot less than $250 and I notice online that Pandora's Tower and the standard version of The Last Story sell for an average of 30 CAD used, so I'm thinking maybe $250 is indeed too low?

Can someone who is more experienced with buying and selling video game stuff please tell me what the highest reasonable asking price is for all this stuff?

$250 is definitely not too low given the age of the system, but it does depend on the model you have. Is it the 8GB white model or the 32GB "deluxe" model? You probably won't get $250 for all of it if it's the 8GB model. I'd aim for $150-200, but welcome offers. Wouldn't hurt to highball the price a bit while mentioning you'll accept offers to draw in potential buyers.

The only Wii U I've seen for sale around my area(via craigslist) is asking for $400 for the deluxe console, 5 or so games and two pairs of wiimote/nunchuks(all in excellent condition). I have doubts it will sell at that price.

twHrsz6.gif

But nah, 300-350 seems to be good IF you can find someone who wants the whole bundle. Selling some stuff individually like Pandora's Tower, Last Story and Ninja Gaiden might be better since a lot of people who buy nintendo consoles don't buy 3rd party games so they'll just see them as throw in games. 300 for the system in box with everything minus Pandora's Tower, Last Story and Ninja Gaiden doesn't even seem like too bad a deal since the system itself refurbished goes for like 200. The 2 smash titles should net at least 50, New Super Mario Bros. U 25-35 maybe, 10-20 for Twilight Princess and another 10-20 for the wii-mote (hopefully motionplus version) and nunchuck, 5-10 for the sealed zelda amiibo and maybe 15-20 for the opened Samus one since that one isn't sold anymore. All depends on items condition though, if it's all in mint to flawless condition make sure to mention it.

twHrsz6.gif

But nah, 300-350 seems to be good IF you can find someone who wants the whole bundle. Selling some stuff individually like Pandora's Tower, Last Story and Ninja Gaiden might be better since a lot of people who buy nintendo consoles don't buy 3rd party games so they'll just see them as throw in games. 300 for the system in box with everything minus Pandora's Tower, Last Story and Ninja Gaiden doesn't even seem like too bad a deal since the system itself refurbished goes for like 200. The 2 smash titles should net at least 50, New Super Mario Bros. U 25-35 maybe, 10-20 for Twilight Princess and another 10-20 for the wii-mote (hopefully motionplus version) and nunchuck, 5-10 for the sealed zelda amiibo and maybe 15-20 for the opened Samus one since that one isn't sold anymore. All depends on items condition though, if it's all in mint to flawless condition make sure to mention it.

Lol

I'm going to try this route and see how it goes. I shall report back later.

Thanks for all the suggestions, people!