Radical Dreamers: Thieves of Fate - History

Geoffrey Taucer

Nice, didn't know you guys were gonna try to follow through with the collab idea so quickly. Nice to see you guys goin through with it, def an excellent idea as long as they right people come along. Waiting to see what tha Prophet has come up with.

As a joke maybe djp should get to do the "Far Promise" track and then flood the pm boxes of all those mixers who submitted the 9 "far promise" mixes in 2001 as an ironic twist of fate.

Nice, didn't know you guys were gonna try to follow through with the collab idea so quickly. Nice to see you guys goin through with it, def an excellent idea as long as they right people come along. Waiting to see what tha Prophet has come up with.

As a joke maybe djp should get to do the "Far Promise" track and then flood the pm boxes of all those mixers who submitted the 9 "far promise" mixes in 2001 as an ironic twist of fate.

We'd been planning the project itself for awhile; I only got the idea for the collab project shortly before I posted it in the xenogears project thread. Ran the idea past Brad and he liked it, so we decided to go with it.

So many projects. ;_;

I dunno about the collab concept...due to the way I record my piano MIDIs, it might be difficult to work with someone else, unless they also play a live instrument (such as my collab with Anthony Lofton for the upcoming Tales project). The other ideal scenario is if somebody is good at piano arrangements but unsatisfied with their performance skills, in which case I'll perform their work (e.g. Blak_Omen's "Waltz of Pain").

Anyway, I'm interested in "Under the Moonlight" and "Portal to Open Ground." If any of the unposted remixers have any good ideas for either of those and are interested in a collab, by all means post 'em up. :)

I dunno about the collab concept...due to the way I record my piano MIDIs, it might be difficult to work with someone else, unless they also play a live instrument (such as my collab with Anthony Lofton for the upcoming Tales project). The other ideal scenario is if somebody is good at piano arrangements but unsatisfied with their performance skills, in which case I'll perform their work (e.g. Blak_Omen's "Waltz of Pain").

this is the idea, dhsu. there are a significant amount of good performance and arrangement talent that we've invited, so hopefully you can find a person to work with. if you can't, that's fine - more meat for me =)

i'll post more about the details of the project later today - it's 4am, and i just started my work shift (unfortunately). i'll be back in ten hours or so.

I'm going to be honest: I don't really have time for another project :(

But...it's Mitsuda, so I can't NOT be involved :)

I really want to contribute like two tracks to this thing, but I doubt I'll be able to contribute more than one.

And, yes I'm taking David up on his challenge to do whichever song he picked for me.

If anybody has any good ideas for it shoot me an email. I won't be able to really work on it until at LEAST September.

-k

I actually seem interested in this, although I am currently without a decent work setup for six weeks.

Dhsu, I see your problems with the whole collab thing. It could work out if you could find a renderer like GrayLightning did to some of your prior tracks, or as you said a dual instrument thing. I know it got hard concerning what happened with the Tales project, but trust me, something will come of it.

Whichever happens, I'm game for this. I really love the Radical Dreamers music, being one of the most beautiful scores I ended up coming across in quite a while (and yes, I'm aware some tracks were used in Chrono Cross but original comes first :P).

So many projects. ;_;

Anyway, I'm interested in "Under the Moonlight" and "Portal to Open Ground." If any of the unposted remixers have any good ideas for either of those and are interested in a collab, by all means post 'em up. :)

dhsu can you play jazz ;D

Wow, I'm honored to have been invited to participate in this! I feel my particular strengths are:

• *Creating new / original chord progressions, which I feel can help separate remixes from their source track. (However original a chord progression can get. =P )
    *Guitar/bass guitar (I can do live recording and play in multiple styles.)
    *I'm the most comfortable with rock music, so if anyone's interested in making a rock mix...

Of course, I'm up for trying anything. =)

RADICAL DREAMERS PROJECT

speaking of tracks -

TRACKLIST

See first post.

as you can see, the rexy/dar collab, sirrus/sephfire, sleepy emp, and ellywu2 are not on the project officially because they never updated. if they want to, they can get back in - till then, we're not listing them.

we're moving along well! we're ALMOST DONE!

We're planning on a release at magfest, barring anything unforseen. we'll open and post the website after the 'concert' release party thing.

OA has offered to host, do the website, and has done a bunch of songs too =) He's already set up a forum off of his site (get the link from me, project mixers) and so we're using that for posting WIPs and the link. Bongo Bill offered to mirror for us.

We've got a forum where we're posting the WIPs and all that - if you've got a WIP and need to post it, pm a project member. They'll hook you up.

That all said, thank you for being interested/participating, and this has really turned out to be a fantastic project with some incredible mixes on it. props to all the mixers on this project that have done such great work.

see you all in january!

omg double post

MUSICAL TALENT AVAILABLE

Saxophone - The Prophet of Mephisto

Irish Whistle - Geoffery Taucer

Brass - The Prophet of Mephisto (maybe...depends on the difficulty)

Guitar - Geoffery Taucer (acoustic), Antisheep (electric), Sixto (electric), Fishy (whatever...he's insane)

Bass - Antisheep (electric), The Prophet of Mephisto (electric, upright, fretless)

Violin - Ubernym

Piano - Rexy, DrumUltima (jazz), Ubernym (any style)

Drums - DrumUltimA (no steel drums = useless, jazz+1)

Vocals - The Prophet of Mephisto (male, not toooo high), DragonAvenger (female), EazyP (jokemix freestyle omg), Ubernym (guy)

Turntables - sephfire

This is all I've heard about so far. If you want to offer forth your musical abilities, please send me a pm or email - I'll update this post as often as possible.

2. It is finished in a remotely short amount of time. Lets face it - most projects nowadays last at least 6-10 months. They shouldn't. They do because mixers sit on their lazy asses and never finish anything. I am well aware you're busy - I'm taking 20 credits this fall, working full-time, mixing for a movie and a game, and I have a girlfriend - but that's why we're giving you three months or so to do your track. We'll set a WIP deadline after school starts back up, but after that if your WIP isn't on time and you don't tell me why, I'll cut you from the project.

I like you.

I finish my project tunes fairly quickly, then spend ages touching them up, then overtouch them, then child services arrest me, and by the time i get out of jail I need to restart the mix cos Iv improved and have different ideas.

Listning to the soundtrack and LOVING it, great choice for a project. I'm REALLY wanting to do mix but my net access is sparadic and limited so the collab idea would probably screw me over. I'm still thinking of doing a mix of this though, its almost a crime not to... (/me glances at 'Days Of Summer')

Actually whats the criteria for the collab? How much has to be done together etc? Cos I'm have alot of ideas, but need help on drums and production...

As I have (I think) mentioned to some of you already, I think we may end up having to allow multiple arrangements of some songs, since it's such a short soundtrack.

EDIT: also, I'm still not entirely sure I want to redo Canvas; It's a really great source, and I think a lot could be done with it that we didn't do in Canvas due to blending it with Relm's theme.

Right, so I'm doing "Final Confrontation". But like I said, while I definitely want to contribute to this project, I'd be happy to take the backseat on this one.

So if any newb is interested in trying his or her hand at composition, you have pretty much a month to shoot me an idea. If I like it, I'll go with it and involve you in it. If I don't get any ideas I'll just go ahead and make my own arrangement.

-k