Radical Dreamers: Thieves of Fate - History

Geoffrey Taucer

alright. it took me way too long to get caught up on all this crap.

first off, i've got no problem with RK and Taucer working on GWSTS. i've got a lot of faith in both mixers to make something awesome (as usual). don't forget that darangen/rexy (go for it, you two!) are also doing that theme. you're going to have to make sure your arrangement is sufficiently different from theirs to make it fit into the project...but you will, i'm sure. whistle power, activate.

fishy's in for guitar, dragonavenger's in for vocals (you're a girl, right?), and drumultimaaaaaaa is in for drums (however, he doesn't play tablas. what use is he?)

prometheus has asked to do snakebone manor with me, and i'm inclined to accept. however, i don't want to take tracks from others, so as of right now that's all i'll do is the two tracks i'm in right now.

sixto's in. werd. he's a shredder who solos exceptionally well on electric guitar. and gets run over by forklifts. somehow. he also owes us over at LAProject a track =)

ellywu2 wants either Days of Summer or Strange Presentiment. i say he can pick either - i love his music. i'd prefer he picks strange presentiment, however - its a minimal amount of sourcetune, and i would trust his arrangement abilities over that of someone with less proven (20 or so mixes on vgmix) talent. i feel it'd sound good with bigbeat stuff too, which is what i love the most about ellywu2's music.

OA has offered to do art eventually (samples, please!) and host a site, and Bongo Bill will mirror eventually. There's some kid who's decent from deviantart, too - i liked his stuff too. i guess we've got a bit of a competition for artwork, too!

chavous is looking at 'facing'. any progress on that? should i sign you up for it?

drumultima wants to do an acoustic version of Days of Summer with someone. any takers? maybe blizihizake, who's looking at it too, would help you out.

V wants to do Days of Summer as well. i use reason - pm me if you've got a question, man. assuming you're using reason 2.5, i can do your production/drums through rewire in fl6. since fl6 is so much better at production than reason 2.5.

dhsu and LAOS are also looking at Days of Summer. that's four people looking at it. anyone want to look elsewhere for ideas? the second half of the soundtrack still needs help. Maybe, you two, you could look at Epilogue as well - there's a lot of creativity that could happen on that track.

i'll say this flat out - i don't want four mixes of the same track. that's too repetitive, and it'll end up being too much. if i had my way, i'd give it to drumultima (loved his wip) and blizihizake (if they work together, that'd be even better). v, i'd rather you looked at other songs - how about 2/17? i'm not telling you to kill your wip, though - i just don't want a ton of mixes of DOS. i'd like to make it only two mixes of this particular tune, if possible. it depends on who works with who, of course.

as for the final song, i was thinking about working with me (sax, vocals), taucer (whistle, acoustic), drumultima (duh), dhsu (keys), darangen or sixto (electric), and possibly somebody for bass. else i'll record it. what do you think? once i have feedback, i'll start working on the arrangement.

something i was thinking about is a dual cd release - but, have it be that each cd has the complete tracklisting of the original soundtrack - meaning, two sets of the entire soundtrack, remixed. that's a possible way of handling popular themes. that'd only really give us 3-4 remixes of the distant promise track, and two of the days of summer track. what do you say? it'd give dhsu and LAOS another possible candidate for their duet (namely, ending).

ktriton wants arrangement ideas sometime soon for 'Final Confrontation'.

still need updates from ubernym, antisheep, sirrus/sephfire, antipode, and that's about it. everyone who's said they want to work on a track, give me a definate, whether via email or pm, as to what you're working on and we'll go from there. i don't want tracks going uncovered because there's ten remixes of two songs, though - if something's open, please look at that before you sign up for the ninth remix of 'distant shore'. please. i don't want to release this with good tracks from the soundtrack untouched. you also aren't officially part of the project until you've responded with a song to be signed up on. i will say that i'd love to hear what antisheep is able to do with 'epilogue', if Dhsu and LAOS don't want it.

i'll update the original post as soon as this goes through.

Wow! Don't post for 2 days and all the songs are taken. ^_^

i will say that i'd love to hear what antisheep is able to do with 'epilogue', if Dhsu and LAOS don't want it.
Yeah, count me in. Should I just start making concepts and then see if any 'vets' want to jump onboard afterward? Or does anyone have an interest in tackling it with me? I'd really like to do some guitar work for whatever mix I do.

Edit: After listening to the Epilogue track a bit more, I really think I want to do something with a latin feel. So if someone's particularly thinking in that direction, PM me or something. =)

V wants to do Days of Summer as well. i use reason - pm me if you've got a question, man. assuming you're using reason 2.5, i can do your production/drums through rewire in fl6. since fl6 is so much better at production than reason 2.5.

naah, too many people are going for the track (all tracks), plus theres a nice WiP floating around here now. I'l back away and wait to see if a track needs filling in the future... or i could go try save the Links project.... or the Dodgeball (tried that, failed)

i'll say this flat out - i don't want four mixes of the same track. that's too repetitive, and it'll end up being too much.

Hehe, actually, it'd be pretty funny to have another one-song flood for Radical Dreamers, especially since it's basically an alternate arrangement of the same song as the original flood.

that was a long post, before.

antisheep has taken epilogue, and is looking for a vet to help him. think latin feel.

V gave up his claim on Days of Summer, so now we're down to three or four people who want that (drumultima, blizihizake, dhsu and laos, and maybe ellywu2)

OA's site is www.oceansend.com. there's some really nice artwork there. check it out.

EazyP is looking at Epilogue - Dream Shore (3), so that'd be the second remix of the song. looking forward to a track of that.

OA is currently setting up a forum to work off of. i'll be pm-ing the address to everyone, as i don't want passersby getting in. it'll also be password protected completely, and hopefully will include an attachment feature to posts to help with uploading WIPs and stuff. i'll update you when i have more information.

that seems to be the most of the updates as of late.

now, with all of that said, i'd like to point out something. we've still got a few songs that are unclaimed, and i don't know why. Gale (2/17) is really a fantastic battle theme that'd benefit from a great guitar mixer (fishy or sixto?) or a great electronica mixer (read: TRANCE). also, Frozen Flame (10/17) which Rexy was looking at, is still open. That's another great track that'd benefit from any attention. i wouldn't mind the sephfire/sirrus combo doing one of those two - preferably Frozen Flame.

OA is currently setting up a forum to work off of. i'll be pm-ing the address to everyone, as i don't want passersby getting in. it'll also be password protected completely, and hopefully will include an attachment feature to posts to help with uploading WIPs and stuff. i'll update you when i have more information.

Yay. :lol:

I'm in Ocean City right now, I won't be back to my computer until the 23rd. However, I've been brainstorming a lot. My idea for that mix could really benefit from some acoutic guitar. However, if Dhsu and Laos really want it, would it be unreasonable to have a 4 way collab? If they come up with something better than what I'm doing I'll understand, I could probably take something else. blizihizake, I don't know much about you. Talk to me :D

I'm in Ocean City right now, I won't be back to my computer until the 23rd. However, I've been brainstorming a lot. My idea for that mix could really benefit from some acoutic guitar. However, if Dhsu and Laos really want it, would it be unreasonable to have a 4 way collab? If they come up with something better than what I'm doing I'll understand, I could probably take something else. blizihizake, I don't know much about you. Talk to me :D

I'd say just go ahead...Epilogue is a little ambient for me.

oa's got the forums up. i'm editing them now and i'll have something for you all some time friday, i believe. probably closer to nighttime (EST, that is).

dhsu, are you still doing 'portal to open grounds'?

and what's happening with drumultima's track? are you going to do some megacollab, or are you going to work with taucer, or what? just so i can update everything to reflect that.