OCR03193 - Super Mario 64 "Sunken Ship"

Liontamer

Love it! I really like the progression from pretty mellow to wailing guitars by the end. The overall arrangement repeats throughout while ramping it up which I can appreciate. The only real issue I heard was the hard guitar plucks in the beginning needed some more compression on them because they were a bit jarring; sounded like your were trying to rip the strings out of the guitar, but that was like two notes, so by no means was that a big issue :) Great work!

Love the tone.  Both the smooth ride of the Rhodes and the plucky twang from guitars (a little bridge-play in there?)

I do like the whole progression of the track, but I could've taken the first half extended out all the way to the end.  The soloing was just fine, but that vibe in the beginning was really pulled me in.  But no matter, nice work Leandro!

• 4 months later...

Interesting take on the original. The mellow organ and guitars were a nice idea. The sound design/ear candy added a lot to the first parts. Love when the mix gets more intense -- excellent guitar work! The final part really was a highlight to me -- excellent job on this part. The ending was a little abrupt, but wasn't problematic. Solid production, nice arrangement, nice job! :)

• 11 months later...

Ah, yes, love the Rhodes piano work done here, and that guitar playing was so good! To be fair, the original Dire Docks tune and many mixes that come from it are beautiful pieces, but I think I truly enjoy more rock-out style versions of it like this one where the guitar is played at a higher tone with a more playful and enthusiastic speed. Awesome solo, really fun arrangement and a slightly harder style of Dire Docks that is really up my alley, I can't give this anything less than five outta five stars. Damn fine stuff, fella!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03193 - Super Mario 64 "Sunken Ship"