OCR00606 - Sonic CD (JP) "Li'l Blue Bastard"

orkybash

• 1 year later...

How can this remix have no reviews?

This is an excellent remix. I wouldn't necessarily listen to it just for listening's sake, but after a hard and stressful day, there are few remixes I'd rather come home to. It's so relaxing I can almost drift off to sleep listening to it if I don't try to stay awake. The only reason I don't llike it is that it's too short.

Great job anyway!

If the mix is incomplete then so is the original soundtrack ;)

The original was 33 seconds long and ended the same way as this mix :)

Anyways, definitely my favorite Sonic coverage! I remember renting the import Sonic CD way back during the good old days of Die Hard Gamer's Club and I considered the title screen track the best piece of music I heard during that entire year!

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I liked this one. Short on time, yes, but it compensates it with some bells and a very catchy electric guitar. Or is a bass guitar? I've never been able to tell them apart that much.

I'm taking this bastard to where it belongs, in my music folder. :)

hey jus wanna say gr8 work. sounds simple but effective. 1 of my fav sonic remixes. :evil:

I think you clicked on the wrong emoticon.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This one is quite short, and manages to get through the main melody two times before coming to a close. I feel as though there isn't much change between the two repetitions, which is unfortunate, because it would have been nice to hear some variations or original material in the second time through. This feels more like it is a part of the game than a remix of the source, which is a bit unfortunate. I think the soundscape was pretty cool, though the drums were a bit weak as well, and it would have been nice to have heard a stronger percussion section.

This one isn't doing much for me, sadly.

• 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00606 - Sonic CD (JP) "Li'l Blue Bastard"
  • 4 years later...

Ah, this track. I remember listening to it quite a lot when I just joined the forums :) It's a shame that this track is so short and doesn't develop at all, since I've always thought that the sounds used here are not too bad. I'd really love to see Joe revisit it one day, but I guess he's too busy with Game Sack these days ;)