OCR03197 - Ys III (NES) "Fire Still Burns in My Frozen Heart"

djpretzel

Some of the strings near 0:45 were a bit stiff, but it's minor (and so is the key! :<). The blast beats were well-done; I don't often hear that working cleanly without an apparent pumping feel. Interesting fade at 3:26---I think that was meant to be for punch, but to me it felt a bit weird. Solid work though; great performance!

• 3 months later...

This is an amazing blend of rock work with synth work. And I absolutely love the percussion work in this track. My only problem is that the track feels like it ends very abruptly. Almost too abruptly. Gave this otherwise exciting track a very lackluster ending. But two lackluster seconds won’t take away how I felt about the rest of this track.

• 11 months later...

Oooh, those drums have quite the kick to them and that is something you really want for a metal track like this one, so I'm liking that. The switch in melody direction near the end is a great way to keep things heavy without sacrificing the pace of the ReMix. Personally, I would have let the whole mix go a little longer after the solo before the end, but honestly, I couldn't really nitpick anything out of this one because I really dig it throughout. Also on a personal taste side, really love the name of the mix. Something about the imagery of the title still gets a thumbs up from me. Not bad.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03197 - Ys III (NES) "Fire Still Burns in My Frozen Heart"