Dr. Mario Fever Theme Remix

Ihsman07

I like the overall remix - IMO the drums and the low sawtooth-y synth are a little high in the mix, kind of overpower the melody synth in the first section. But I think this would be awesome with one or two level adjustments.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I noticed this one has gotten over 200 more views within the last 2 weeks. 2 weeks ago it was sitting around 110 views. I appreciate the feedback. :D

It's not too bad for a few days, early on in your music composing experience. The mixing sounds alright, but the instrumentation is pretty simple, and the arrangement has a bunch of looping (copy+paste). I think you could work more on having more nuance to your sounds and thinking more outside the box when writing your arrangement. It's really close to the original, and doesn't add that much new. Keep at it!

It's not too bad for a few days, early on in your music composing experience. The mixing sounds alright, but the instrumentation is pretty simple, and the arrangement has a bunch of looping (copy+paste). I think you could work more on having more nuance to your sounds and thinking more outside the box when writing your arrangement. It's really close to the original, and doesn't add that much new. Keep at it!

Yeah. I tend to get a little impatient when I work on something. I attempted doing that with the Shovel Knight orchestra piece I made, but I still ended up doing a repeat in there. It seems the only time when I actually make a full song is when I do some kind of medley.

Well, repeats are fine, but some variation on the repeats goes a long way. I find that sometimes repeats can help bring a sense of familiarity to the piece, whereas a piece that continuously changes could feel too unpredictable.

If you can find yourself happy with what you make as you make it, I think that'll help you take the time to polish it more.

Well, repeats are fine, but some variation on the repeats goes a long way. I find that sometimes repeats can help bring a sense of familiarity to the piece, whereas a piece that continuously changes could feel too unpredictable.

If you can find yourself happy with what you make as you make it, I think that'll help you take the time to polish it more.

I completely agree. Thanks for the feedback. :)