OCR03211 - Final Fantasy IX "Bibliotheca ~ Dreamer in the Library"

Liontamer

This sounds like something you could probably get a high school choir to sing and it wouldn't sound out of place. It's got this feel of soothing comfort in that when you're in the library, you have the means to appreciate (in solitude?) the beauty of the language, interpretations, and perceptions you find in each author's work.

Man, and I thought nothing would ever rise towards The Rose General. Not that the songs are comparable, but an amazing voice, Latin, and some gorgeous harmonies??? A song that was never my favorite in the game just became one of my favorites on the album. So, so good.

And while I know this is a musical site - that is one of the most fun and sweet videos for a song I've ever seen. The ending!!!

She did all this herself?!?!?

This artist never ceases to amaze.

• 4 weeks later...

Motherly; it almost reaches out from the speakers to embrace the listener as the song spins its tale.  Beautiful performance, lyrics, and accompanying video.  Truly one of the best remixes to have come out of OCR in all the years I've been listening.  I hope they're proud of the piece - they ought be.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

the first time i listened to this i wasn't giving it my full attention and mostly thought "this is nice relaxing music i could fall asleep to." then i played it again and followed along with the lyrics; more than a few tears were shed. very beautiful, from both a musical and lyrical standpoint! i've never played FFIX and am not familiar with the context in which the original was used, but i feel as though i understand the piece in spite of that. and i think that's a testament to the power of video game music/arrangements: it can transport you to other words without ever having set foot there yourself. this song is definitely a new favorite of mine!! 

• 1 year later...

Oh my god, I love Kate's voice so much. I can just hear the sheer emotion out of her singing, it's awesome. This is outstanding and beautiful. Much like Chernabogue alluded to in his ReView, I could totally imagine hearing the background music at a medieval fair, as it has that old time renaissance elegance to it. The lyrics are very touching, actually. Not for me personally, but I do know a few people who would definitely resonate with them. So damn good, Kate and Chaeley should be proud of this ReMix.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03211 - Final Fantasy IX "Bibliotheca ~ Dreamer in the Library"