Jungle World Dance Remix - Yooka-Laylee

Ihsman07

So this was something I decided to make ever since I first heard the theme made by the great Grant Kirkhope, the composer of the Banjo-Kazooie series and Donkey Kong 64. So far, this piece has had over 1000 views on my music channel on YouTube which is saying a lot for my small channel of 35 subscribers. Please, give me any feedback you might have. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz-NXKAcEQw

Any feedback? K. Your mixing and sound design is pretty basic. Nothing terrible. Nothing stellar. It sounds like a very conservative take on the source, essentially a midi rip. Can't be sure, not familiar with the original. For a remix on youtube or pretty much anywhere, that's fine. If you have any ambition of getting it posted officially on ocr, though, it'll have to be your own arrangement.

Kudos on remixing a fresh new game. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Any feedback? K. Your mixing and sound design is pretty basic. Nothing terrible. Nothing stellar. It sounds like a very conservative take on the source, essentially a midi rip. Can't be sure, not familiar with the original. For a remix on youtube or pretty much anywhere, that's fine. If you have any ambition of getting it posted officially on ocr, though, it'll have to be your own arrangement.

Kudos on remixing a fresh new game. :D

I definitely agree. When I made this, I wasn't intending it to be too different from the actual song since the tune is still fairly knew and not too many really know the original. This is mainly a different style of music and a faster pace with few differences. Overall, I was just messing around with different sounds for this and I wasn't intending to go any further with it. Despite that, many have still enjoyed it regardless. ^^

Edit: Also, I should mention that when I made this, there were no MIDI versions of the song yet, at least not to my knowledge. I believe I started making this around 2 weeks after the song was added to the Kickstart for Yooka-Laylee. Everything you hear, bass and melody wise, was all done by ear which wasn't easy, I assure you. :P