Plugin that changed the way you produce music?

nOkbient

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm in the market for some handy dandy new vsts! Fire away!

Also, for me, it's either Synplant, or Serum. Synplant has a really organic sound that is super difficult to achieve in other synths. Serum just because I find the interface very intuitive. It's kind of replaced Massive as my heavy bass plugin.

I second Serum. Been using it too, lately, and I definitely find it really intuitive (and also replaced Massive for me. ;)).

Ever used Zebra? I find that to be extremely versatile, and the synthesis interface displays in a well-organized manner IMO. I have two audio demos here if they interest you.

http://tproductions.comeze.com/demos/Z2CombFilterDemo.mp3

http://tproductions.comeze.com/demos/Z2FMMotionDemo.mp3

And a video example:

I've been using Zebra for over 3 years now, and I plan to keep using it. :)

What did you find most useful in Komplete? (I say that because it's pretty large/broad)

Massive and FM8 of course, the Kontakt libraries (Factory, Vintage Organs, the Pianos and the basses and the possibilities of expansion), Reaktor is fun, but difficult. And Guitar Rig has some of the nicest sounding compressors IMO. They are so broad, that they enabled me to experiment more, instead of being limited to a certain style

But I'm still at version 8, so I can't say anything about newer additions

Massive and FM8 of course, the Kontakt libraries (Factory, Vintage Organs, the Pianos and the basses and the possibilities of expansion), Reaktor is fun, but difficult. And Guitar Rig has some of the nicest sounding compressors IMO. They are so broad, that they enabled me to experiment more, instead of being limited to a certain style

But I'm still at version 8, so I can't say anything about newer additions

Yeah, I love Guitar Rig as well. Although it is a guitar amp sim (and I do use it for guitars), I often use the Transient Master component in there for my drums. :)

Probably Embertone's Friedlander Violin. I'd been mostly using free samples up to that point and hadn't properly been introduced to the wonders of round robin and velocity layers. And in turn Kontakt, because it opened up a world of affordable, expressive samples to me while also providing me with a nice set of samples for just about anything I need.

I don't work with synths much though. I have dabbled a bit in Retro Machines MKII, but I couldn't tell you how it stacks up to other plugins.

Yeah, I love Guitar Rig as well. Although it is a guitar amp sim (and I do use it for guitars), I often use the Transient Master component in there for my drums. :)

Oddly enough I prefer to use Guitar Rig for synth leads instead of for guitars.  I have Guitar Rig 4 and i find that the heads are usually good but the cabinet and mic sims are far from the best.  Especially when you look at what you can get for free.  It's also a huge disappointment that I can't use a fredman mic setup within Guitar Rig meanwhile fredman IR's have been free to obtain for years. 

While we are on the topic though.  Recabinet is by far the most impressive Amp Sim plugin i've heard and it's price is extremely competitive.  www.recabi.net So if you are looking for a good amp sim I couldn't recommend that one enough.

Zebralette is the smaller brother of Zebra and ive used it in almost every remix ive done. I just love the way it sounds on certain leads or pads. Its also free. 

I don't know how you're able do it, it must be that I don't know how to use it properly but I'm unable to make a great use of it, and I want to know how to make a great use of it.

• 2 weeks later...