OCR03218 - Sonic the Hedgehog "A Blue-Green Color"

Liontamer

This isn't necessarily my style, but it doesn't need to be to comment that the artist feels in control of his off-beat, swinging version of this song. Sometimes I feel like I can't decide if its too close to the source or too far away, and I'm not a huge fan of the vocal samples, but there are sections (particularly the variations laid out 2:22-3:07) where I think this mix shines. Nice!

• 2 months later...

The rhythm here is pretty interesting. It's still 4/4, but having the melody starting ahead of the first beat and making it further syncopated really adds to the unique character of the mix. The pun on color mixing is pretty funny too. Harmonically this also differentiates itself from other variations on this theme. This really does sound as if you were writing a variation on the original for an OST initially, and then decided to make a ReMix out of it.

• 2 years later...

Oooh, funky and smooth, that sounds so nice! Gives me a kinda Vegas styled vibe from the way the arrangement plays. Liked the way the voice samples were utilized so that it was mixed into the beat, very clever. Blue and green indeed, good ReMix, man!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03218 - Sonic the Hedgehog "A Blue-Green Color"