OCR03221 - Xenogears "Ominous Waltz"

Liontamer

Xenogears is one of those all-time gems for RPG fans who delved out of the mainstream, and the music is some of Mitsuda's finest work.  The name 'Ominous Waltz' is perfectly fitting, and this remix is outstanding.  It's simultaneously soothing and creates a feeling of uncertainty just like the original but with a little more depth.

Excellent work, SOuNDSNC.  Looking forward to hearing more from you!

If this is the remixer's first work, than extra props are called for. I love that the piece both evokes and continues the mood of the original - a lot of people can do pumped up aggression or a lilting melody, but a dark, atmospheric tune like this has real power in the right hands. I particularly enjoyed the layered background entrances of 2:45-3:45, where it just got better and more powerful into 3:49's crescendo.

I loved the piece and the touch. Please do more.

• 3 months later...

I know an audio mixing program did this, but the way it’s edited, it really does sound like this is performed live by an actual orchestra. Everything from the panning, to the reverb sounds so convincing and realistic. I don’t know if it’s the program itself, or the masterclass skills of the remixer, or both, but this is a great arrangement of one of the best, most haunting tracks from Xenogears. Those last four notes; VERY chilling.

• 2 years later...

This ReMix seems to give the instruments a lot of room to breathe and really brings to mind a lot of other songs that I have heard in RPG's and dungeons that have a dark, yet wondrous feeling. I guess I'm just not a fan of reverb, because a few parts of this mix sounded overly shrill to me, but with that aside, I feel like this is a great background piece that works better as a whole than piece by piece, and I'm cool with that. Good debut mix, not bad dude.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03221 - Xenogears "Ominous Waltz"