OCR03226 - Illusion City "Enter the Illusion"

Liontamer

• 5 weeks later...

Nice, I see by this point you're starting to make greater use of Juggernaut and Damage. For me the production was a bit too distant, but otherwise I liked the action-heavy style you brought for this. (Sidenote: there's a click at 2:46.) One thing I'd say is that you could pay closer attention to how much low end you do get from Damage and Juggernaut; that guitar section towards the end had some low end clutter from those two libraries.

• 1 month later...

I really like the cyberpunk-y feel here. I’m not sure about the use of the Metal Gear Solid Game Over theme, if only because - for me, at least - it’s such a recognizable tune that it kind of stuck out too much. However, familiarity with that particular theme will definitely vary from person to person, so I’m happy to let it slide. On the plus side, you used the instruments well and, despite the fact that a guitar isn’t really something I typically associate with this style, it worked better than I might have thought. Good job!

Holy crap, that's hot. I love cinematic arrangement, and this one is awesome -- a bit too much synth-heavy for me, but it's great. Reminds me of trailer music tracks. The percussion is excellent on this one. The lead guitar was a neat addition! Love it!

Jorrith, we have to collab on some orchestra/cinematic shit ;)

• 2 years later...

Wow, the whole thing gives me such a cinematic Metal Gear-styled feeling, and I kinda get the sense that this would have fit right in with a late 80's/early 90's movie score with the cyber sounding electronics backing the grander arrangement in front of it. This is an incredible ReMix. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this, and the addition of the guitar was a great idea for the later half of the mix, so props to Metal Man as well. Amazing mix, both of you guys!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03226 - Illusion City "Enter the Illusion"