OCR03228 - Cybernoid (SPEC) "AY YO"

Liontamer

• 1 month later...

Dang, I love these synths! Retro synths have certainly been done before, but they have so much character and I love the way they’ve been used here. I’ll admit, I was worried at first that the soundscape wouldn’t be fleshed out enough. I needn’t have been, though, because the stringsy sounding thing at about 0:54 solves that problem pretty well. However, I’m not really thrilled with the fade out ending. It’s not… bad, necessarily, but I feel as though more could have been done with it. Still, I definitely enjoy this one.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn’t really care for some of the strings in this track, but this is as tiny of a gripe as I could possibly have for this excellent track. The synth work here (99% of it) is spectacular, and I am absolutely amazed with the percussion and chiptune work in this track. One other gripe I do have though, a much bigger one, is the fade out ending. I didn’t really like it either, as I feel that with the amount of effort put into this track, there could have been some sort of ending added to it rather than just a fade. It doesn’t take away from how good and upbeat the track is though.

• 2 years later...

Definitely excels at being old-school with the upbeat chiptunes leading the way, and the percussion sounded on point. The arrangement itself was very complete, but yeah, even for someone like me who doesn't mind fade, I gotta agree that it didn't work for me as much as a regular outro would have. Still, the mix all in all was solid and pleasant to listen to without any major complaints, so well done, I'd say.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03228 - Cybernoid (SPEC) "AY YO"