OCR03229 - Uşas "Ushas' Dark Gift"

Liontamer

Very cool rendition of a classic MSX game song I grew up with (this might have actually been the very first game I owned!). IIRC I actually picked this source for PRC, great to see it posted!

I've heard a number of remixes of this source, but never one in this genre. Love me some psytrance, and combined with a cool source track and a dose of nostalgia, what's not to like?

Next mission: getting more MSX tracks on OCR!

• 1 month later...

I’ve never actually heard of psytrance, but then again, a good friend of mine describes me as a “deprived child” when it comes to a lot of music. Plus I’ve never really studied up on the seemingly endless variations of electronic music. It’s interesting, though, and regardless of the genre, you’ve done well with this remix. The zingy synths weave in and around the percussion with precision and flair, and it's an enjoyable remix to listen to. Excellent stuff!

• 4 weeks later...

It definitely is nice to hear psy-trance around here (or perhaps I’m not looking hard enough?). It’s really good, and makes your head want to pulse to the rhythm. The melody strikes me as a little fun, but then you get to the bridges, and you’re definitely in for a wild ride. Loved how the vocals were used.

• 2 years later...

This would have made one hell of a club hit in the 90's, I think. I used to listen to a lot of music like this a long time ago, fun stuff. Aggressive, but with a hell of a beat and lots of creepy vocalizations by Bateman. Terrific psytrance in every sense, I could really get used to hearing this more often again. Great ReMix, man!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03229 - Uşas "Ushas' Dark Gift"