OCR03232 - Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES) "My Monkey Drives a Maserati"

Liontamer

Good lord, I do love so so so much Marshall Art. Personally I love how the guitar do

step on the chiptune and vice versa, it gives a very post-apocaliptic sound to me :D

Thanks to the post for making me discover DKC Mix't Ape '94. It's awesome.

Congratz to you guys

You are awesome

paxl13

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is interesting, like a blend of chiptune/electro elements with some rock/metal (the heavier parts) and a bit of atmospheric influences. The arrangement is very cool, but I found the track to be very quiet compared to the energy it has -- a shame ^^ The remix could have benefited from being shortened, as it felt a bit repetitive after a while. Other than that, it's good. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Interesting. Some of the notes in the chiptune parts actual remind me of some of the old Game Boy Shantae notes with how the notes rolled, particularly a minute in. I have to say I really started to like this mix a lot half way through when it got more frantic, combining the electric guitar and chiptune together in a more driven sense. This was a fun song to listen to, and I kinda dig the idea of taking chiptunes and giving them a rock treatment and driving the intensity up a little bit. I actually hope to hear more aggressive chiptune/rock tracks like this in the future for more badass retro sounds. Awesome ReMix, I love it!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03232 - Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES) "My Monkey Drives a Maserati"