bishaway

Donkey Kong Country - Abyssal Journey ("Aquatic Ambience" RemiX)

Hi everyone, I've been listening and hanging around for a while and love the amazing talent here. I've never done a remix before so this is both my first track share and also my first ever remix of any kind :)

I am a filmmaker by trade so this is heavily influenced cinematically. I would say this is a lighter remix than what a lot of people have already done with this track before but I didn't want to start out too crazy with my first remix and also just try to be more faithful to the original. 

The influences I had for this track is Hans Zimmer, Vangelis, Daft Punk

Hope you enjoy and appreciate any feedback

(The footage is filmed by me testing out filming underwater)

or 

original Source 

Oooh, I really like this. It kind of reminds of another video game soundtrack I liked a lot, Aquaria. I don't have my headphones with me right now, so I can't speak directly to the mixing quality, but it sounds pretty great on these speakers. This is probably my favorite track from DKC, and I think you definitely did a great job of maintaining the atmosphere and vibe of the original.

Keep up the great work! =)

Ah nice, I haven't played it but did a quick youtube search, and great atmospheric OST and yeah your right its that kinda vibe. I like it that each track has a melody/theme.