OCR00604 - Ninja Gaiden "Emulated"

orkybash

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to say that the style that Jose Acosta is commonly called "Freestyle". In the city where I live "NYC" this style was very common in the early late 80's and early 90's. If anyone can recall any of these groups, you'll know what I mean: TKA, Coro, Little Suzy, etc. Orch hits were used a lot in those days.

This style is still very common in the Philipenes. Sometimes they will have freestyle night at a club/radio in NYC. Fun to dance to.

Bottom line, anyone who remembers freestyle would appreciate this 'freestyle remix' of Ninja Gaiden.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

THIS REMIX IS OFF THE CHAIN!!! EVERYBODY THAT LISTENS TO IT HERE AT FORT SILL AGREES!!! ITS GOT A RYTHEM TO IT LIKE THE DEVILSMASK REMIX. BOTH ARE KICK ASS AND ARE REALLY ENJOYABLE TO GET DOWN TO. Excellent work i must say...but yet, we need more gaiden remixs out there. there isnt enough....

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Funky and with a strong 80's vibe. The orchestra stabs are pretty rofltastic, it makes me think of Dave Chappele wandering through a club and seeing that dude that was always doing the robot. This is off the scale on the cheese-o-meter but I can't help but like it, just needed to be longer, with a spot for some breaks.

This is what the Ninja Gaiden cutscene would look like:

*pan over a decaying city street, rife with thugs*

*side view of Ryu with speed lines*

Ryu: I will avenge my father!!!

*cut to tough looking boss thug*

Boss: I will stop you right here!!!

*cut to shot of thugs holding bats and chains*

*cut to cardboard on the ground*

Boss: Your journey ends here!!!

*cut to ryu's eye*

Ryu: Let's get funky!

*Bboy battle*

*fade to black*

• 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

thanks for all your feedback gentlemen, i am going to resubmit my newer version of that mix... im starting up again on mixes, better sound this time....better equipment....i have already submitted my updated version of ZANAC for NES, which the older one is already posted here on OCR, but the newer one sounds much better..so im just awaiting the JUDGES to accept it..i will also submit the new Ninja Gaiden version also, which i feel is much better.. ( no freestyle breakbeat with orch hits in this one lol )...

anyway thanks again..good and bad, feedback is always appreciated..

as i've done with my older ZANAC remix..i also completely re-did my Ninja Gaiden "emulated" mix as well.. after years of no remixing.. i felt the urge again lol :).. here's the link which is valid for only 7 days or 100 downloads for my new version of Ninja Gaiden.. i will be submitting that after 3 weeks, since i already submitted the new ZANAC mix and am awaiting judge verdicts.. but you can catch a sneak peek at it on the link :) hope u guys like it :

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=check_download&ufid=D6F17FC968C85C5E&key=c97c27f425b7a4b77cc0f27f4203b217dfec4def

• 11 months later...

OA's review made me laugh. Now I can't get that picture out of my head. Damn him!

Reguardless, aside from the orchestral hits, I found this to be pretty good. Nowadays it sounds dated, but that's ok with me. I like the descending chord over the static piano line, but I'm a sucker for that sort of harmony. Nice work.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hey there, unfortunately, I did submit a updated 2009 version, but was shot down by the judges :( lol, IMO if you liked this very old version, the new one would've interested you . Better sounds and less repetition. If you want i can email you the new one or you can check it out at vgmix here:

http://www.vgmix.com/members/279/audio.php thats my main page,

and the ninja gaiden updated mix is here:

http://www.vgmix.com/download.php?mode=song_hifi&band_id=279&song_id=149

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00604 - Ninja Gaiden "Emulated"