Gradius - Beginning Of The History (MXS Cover Contest)

David Kiraeth

A remix of the first battle theme of Gradius on MSX: youtu.be/yucFVhoY6YA?t=38s

With a little occurence of the 2nd theme at the middle: youtu.be/yucFVhoY6YA?t=1m31s

If you want to participate at this contest, you've got until 27th of October --> Pixel Mixers Cover Contest #2 on r/VGCovers.

This sounds really good, but the mixing could use a lot work. I honestly wouldn't say that I'm great at mixing myself, but from what I can tell almost everything but the main synth is way too low in the mix. That is until about the last fifth of the track where one of the lead synths climbs way too high. I wish I could give some better advice, but again, mixing isn't my strong suit either. It just takes a lot practice and patience, paying attention to how all the different frequencies react to each other, and finding a proper balance. 

Yay! Thank you so much for your advices! I do admit mixing is not really my strength, I'm still learning :) I listened again to the track with proper audio device, and I absolutely agree with you. So here is a new version, same link: https://soundcloud.com/messire_cookie/do-re-mix-gradius-beginning-of-the-history-msx-cover-contest

It's maybe not quite perfect yet, but I think it's better. Thanks again! ^^