Pokemon - A New Dawn

Kat

https://soundcloud.com/katallen-12/pokemon-a-new-dawn

Something I've been working on, and I finally have a WIP arrangement to show. I think I still have a few changes I'd like to make(and some improvements in general) before I call it finished. It incorporates a lot of themes from the Pokemon route themes along with some original parts(and a few other tidbits). Hope it's enjoyable!

Thanks! I've uploaded a newer version with some changes made - A few areas felt barren and there was a bit of realism missing. I'm not entirely versed in piano(not to the extent of writing solo arrangements, at least) so this was a learning experience for me.

To me it sounds kinda like there are 2 pianos playing at the same time, i dunno if that was intentional? say, did you use two different piano samples/sounds, or am i crazy? :D

IMO, you used a bit too much sustain pedal in the chord comping (left hand plus chords) which sometimes creates some dissonant blending, for example at 2:16 - 2:36.

It seems that there is some clipping on some of the louder notes, e.g. 1:45, 1:46.

Other than that, nice Work :-)

To me it sounds kinda like there are 2 pianos playing at the same time, i dunno if that was intentional? say, did you use two different piano samples/sounds, or am i crazy? :D

IMO, you used a bit too much sustain pedal in the chord comping (left hand plus chords) which creates some dissonant blending, for example at 2:16 - 2:36.

It seems that there is some clipping on some of the louder notes, e.g. 1:45, 1:46.

Other than that, nice Work :-)

One piano sample, but with the left hand chords there was a little bit of double tracking going on to give it a slightly fuller soundscape. I used less reverb on that part, which is probably why it sounds a good deal different. I didn't notice any clipping - I'll have to go back and listen to it again.

• 2 weeks later...