*NO* Final Fantasy 1: Dawn of Souls 'Chaos Temple 2014 (DJBNY CLUB RMX)'

Chimpazilla

Hello dear OCReMix team,

After years of work on video game music remixes I decided to join OCReMix as a ReMixer.

Here some information about me: 

ReMixer name: DJBNY
Website (WIP): http://bennyauscelle.com or http://soundcloud.com/djbny
UserID: 54369

Here some info about my first arrangement for you:
Name of the game: Final Fantasy I - Dawn Of Souls
Name of the arrangement: Chaos Temple 2014 (DJBNY CLUB RMX) (if you'd prefer another name, tell me please. An alternative would be "Chaos' Clubbers")
Name of the song arranged: Chaos' Temple

Inspiration and Making Of: 
I always loved the remix of PS1 further versions of the original Chaos' Temple tune from the first Final Fantasy game and I imagined how it would sound if I would make a danceable remix of this track and this is how the work on this remix started. I made it using FL Studio and ReFX Nexus in December 2014 as a remix for my fans and fans of Final Fantasy I. 

I really hope, you like this remix and publish it. It would be my first, but not my last track I'll submit. 

Thank you very much for your time, your work and everything you've done for me since I downloaded my first OCReMix in 2001, it was a Lufia II remix named Turbid Guidance by Faze :D

Best regards, my friends. 

DJBNY

Simple sounding synths to open up.  Simple soft crash and snare follows, and then a very simple beat is set up.  The writing is simple and blocky.  Not sure what is happening with the bass from 0:48-0:55 but it sounds quite muddy and mashed together there.  The bass sounds very muddy and indistinct overall, with areas that are boomy.  The writing is so repetitive.  The transition at 1:49 is very awkward and breaks the flow totally.  The mix has too much reverb overall and the timbres are mushing together quite a bit.  The arrangement is so repetitive.  Fun start, but I'm afraid much more work is needed here both in arrangement and production.  I suggest you hit up our wip forum for further advice.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing much to add to what Kris has already said. The synth work is mechanical and sounds pretty blocky, and the overall mix sounds very similar to the original. I'd suggest using done recently posted mixes and compare them to the sources to really get an idea of what we're looking for in terms of arrangement and personalization. Keep working on improving your skills, and check out our WIP forums yo get some more feedback and advice. Good luck!

No

This one's got kinda a fun, late-'90s feel to it. Definitely needs to be much more personalized and polished, though, as stated above. The genre certainly isn't an issue, and if done at a high level, even the "blockiness" can be an aesthetic choice, but it has to be executed correctly and with a lot of production polish.

I'm glad that OCR has inspired you, and I hope you continue to work and improve your music to eventually be posted, but it's not there yet. Like Kris said, the WIP forums will be your friend! 

NO