OCR03284 - *YES* DuckTales 'Apollo Duck'

WillRock

Whats up guys! Its been a while since I've put something in the queue...

Game: DuckTales
Source: The Moon
Remix Title: Apollo Duck

After all the mega mans and stuff, I wanted to make something popular! Don't hate me.

So I went after The Moon theme, I and turned it into self-indulgent but fun chiptune-synth-buttrock. 

Naming this thing was difficult... Luckily, when I typed "Apollo" into google looking for Apollo 13 (I was getting desperate for name suggestions) Google's first suggestion is "Apollo Duck". Apparently they sell boats. 

Remix Link: 

Source: (Yeah like you need it...)

Woo!

This sounds amazing as I'd expect from Will!  I love the soft piano intro and breakdown.  Such great soloing.  Super guitar work as well as sequenced leadwork.  Will is a pro at leads and soloing.  I'm loving the arrangement.  I think the drums could stand to have a bit more presence, kick and snare are a tad quiet.  Really fun, impressive listen overall.

YES

Wow, we have some great "Moon" mixes on OCR already, but this is my new personal favorite. The soundscape's a little muddy for me, but the way this is produced, it only enhances to the energy of this and allows Will to go VERY big with the sound.

Will with an amped-up, Disney afternoon punch in the face. This. Is. Awesome.

YES

• 3 weeks later...

This track is a match made in Duck Heaven!!! Everything about Will's signature 80's synth-rock sound gels just perfectly with this iconic source, and I'm honestly surprised it's taken him this long to remix this. It feels so natural - this entire arrangement is so triumphant and powerful. There's really nothing in here we haven't heard from Will before, but the natural synergy between the source tune and Will's typical style makes this remix feel completely justified and enjoyable, if not exactly groundbreaking.

Love it, bro :-) Good to see you submitting again!

QUACK

• 4 weeks later...

Really great stuff, i remember when Will was working on this. The finishing touches and tweaks he put on it really stepped it up, and the modulations in the second half were really welcome surprises in a source that is pretty well travelled. Nice solos too, Im a fan.

I agree about the drums needing a bit more oomh, but I can't hate on this, great work, sir!

Yes