OCR03240 - Guild Wars 2 "The End of Madness"

Liontamer

• 1 month later...

:lol: I've heard more overcompressed than this. Yes, the drums are pushed down, but I can tell that they're there, and I would say that this doesn't detract from my overall enjoyment of how this was intended to be. (If everything under the limiter was maybe 1~2 dB louder though, that would probably tip it over.) I agree with Emu that the synth stuff here pales in comparison to your mad guitar skills; the pads at 2:12 - 2:33 could have had an exponential volume envelope to pull the listener in as a reverse cymbal would. Otherwise, this is classic DusK jamming away and leaving us in the dust.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR03240 - Guild Wars 2 "The End of Madness"
  • 3 weeks later...

Now this is some proper fight music, with high energy, breakneck percussion, and electric guitars hitting hard while providing the melody in the lead. I kinda like how the synth sorta sounds like it's backing the guitars up, adding layers to the whole ReMix. Sounds like a technique I'd expect from an older RPG battle theme, so it worked for me even if they didn't change throughout the mix. I will say that I can understand where some are coming from on the over-compression critique, but it kinda came off more retro sounding than bad to me, so I'm not really bugged by it at all. I think DusK did a great job with this battle ReMix.