Arcadia Legends - History

Darkflamewolf

For both remixers still working on their tracks and those already finished, I would like a short paragraph or two about your inspiration and behind-the-scenes decision making about how and why you made the track the way it is. Developer/remixer commentary as it were so we can have that checkbox ticked off for the OCRemix album requirements. Feel free to send me via PM, on the Facebook page or through my email. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

We're a month out from the June 1st deadline for Arcadia Legends! Check your PM's every body! I've pretty much pimped you all on the upcoming due date for many of you on your tracks. We've been making great progress so far! Let's knock it out of the park in June!

We have a few more unclaimed tracks so for anyone who manages to finish their track up early and still have free time and incentive left, you are more than free to claim any tracks that are left! ^_^

If you haven't yet started, start thinking now about any developer blog/paragraph of your inspiration and reasoning for designing the track the way you did. This is for the final OCR album website which will feature your thoughts/idea/comments on your track. Either get back to me here with your blurb or my email, darkflamewolf@yahoo.com

Deedubs just claimed his third track! Enrique's theme! I'm just blow away! :-o 8O That leaves just two unclaimed tracks left! 'Jealous' and 'Epilogue!' If all goes well and folks scheduled to submit finished or 'near' finished tracks by June 1st as planned, we may have a 85-90% finished album by close of July! That's pretty impressive in and of itself! Let's make it happen! Everyone on the team, check your PMs in case you haven't yet! You got one waiting for you! :)^_^

EDIT: With the good news comes the bad. We now have THREE unclaimed tracks now. Asterin had to back out due to real life schedules and work. Sad to see him leave the project but he must tend to his affairs and its understandable. So that opens up the hugely epic Delphinus track again. This is a doozy and require an epic touch. Who is willing to tackle it?

• 4 weeks later...

Me too! I cooked up a near complete WIP myself and mostly waiting for the recordings from my collaborators so I can finish the track completely. Can't wait!

Oh, can you also add Lauren the Flute as a collaborator to my track? Kind of a late addition, but the track grew into a direction where it was needed ;)

Its June 1st and we're getting a lot of GREAT entries! A few of you have contacted me for extensions and those are fine but for those I will not have heard from today, I'll be contacting you directly in the next week. Thanks again for anyone who has submitted WIPs (or finished or near finished pieces!) this week! This album is stronger because of it! Still three unclaimed tracks but the rest is shaping up nicely!

Moseph and djg-music. I've received your tracks and I've listened to them multiple times. I'm having trouble providing feedback since they are quite subtle in nature and I'm trying to accurately pinpoint the best critiques in improving the tracks. So bear with me and I'll get something back to you by the end of the week.

Since Odai and other said it wasn't uncommon reminding folks publicly, I'll go ahead and do that here. Going down the track list we have:

@pu_freak - Still waiting on another WIP from you due June 1st.

@Ganaé - Said you'd be getting back to me on a final version of your song based on judge feedback.

@Silent Ice - Got a great WIP from you! Great job! Looking forward to the final product we can send off to the judges for review.

@Sbeast - I got your song and I have listened to it, give me a few more days to put together some comments.

@fxsnowy - Still waiting on another WIP from you due June 1st.

@wildfire - Still awaiting a WIP from you due June 1st.

@Moseph - I've listened to your track dozens of times but its hard for me to put together a few comments, give me the weekend and I'll have something.

@YoshiBlade - I like your mix a lot, keep working on those judges comments and polishing it up!

@huile_smith - Still waiting on another WIP from you due June 1st.

@~Faseeh~ - Still waiting on another WIP from you due June 1st.

@shredd - Your first WIP is due July 1st. Got plenty of time.

@RiverSound - Still waiting on any WIP at all from you. If I hear nothing back by August 1st, I may have to open up your claims. :(

@Garpocalypse - Gave you another week as promised. Still awaiting that awesome WIP! :)

@Brandon Strader - Your first WIP is due July 1st. Got plenty of time.

@zykO - I know you're having computer troubles, hopefully they'll be resolved soon for WIP 2!

@Jorito - Thanks for the awesome mix, awaiting your polished version so I can send off to the judges!

@Clem - Great start with your first WIP, awaiting your second WIP anytime. :)

@Deedubs - Hopefully taking that judge feedback and polishing up your Enrique track for the final turn in!

@nOkbient - I know you've been struggling with the latter half of the song, but hopefully you'll take my comments and make an awesome WIP 3!

@Tuberz McGee - Still waiting on another WIP from you due June 1st.

@ZackParrish - Still awaiting...anything at all from you. I know life's been tough. If I heard nothing by August 1st, your claim will be opened back up.

@Supercoolmike - Still waiting on another WIP from you due June 1st.

@lacifer - Still waiting on another WIP from you due June 1st.

@Mak Eightman - Your first WIP is due July 1st. Got plenty of time.

@djg-music - Got your WIP 2 ! Give me the weekend to build some comments.

3 minutes ago, Darkflamewolf said:

Since Odai and other said it wasn't uncommon reminding folks publicly, I'll go ahead and do that here. Going down the track list we have:

@Jorito - Thanks for the awesome mix, awaiting your polished version so I can send off to the judges!

I had the impression that you already sent the current version to the 'mock' judges panel to get some feedback, but maybe I misunderstood? Either way I'm still waiting for the  recordings from my collaborators, I expect that can take a few weeks.

5 hours ago, Jorito said:

I had the impression that you already sent the current version to the 'mock' judges panel to get some feedback, but maybe I misunderstood? Either way I'm still waiting for the  recordings from my collaborators, I expect that can take a few weeks.

Ah, for some reason, I had it in my head that we'd be waiting on those recordings from collaborators before submitting. What do you want to do?

I would like to claim Ancient Temple Dungeon, since the others on the main list are pretty tall orders (really want to do Jealous but afraid that is pretty ambitious for a first time OCRemix)

I do have a question though. Ancient Temple Dungeon seems to lack a theme and structure. Can I add what I wish melody wise to that and change the structure to be more..predictable? Seems what I'd retain is the feel and the 3/4 timing plus the motif that continues through the whole piece.

As much as I'd like to get the core track list filled, there has been precendence that someone can claim a non-core track list and get it to be a part of the main track list (Yoshiblade's choice). However, in this case, you'll have to provide a good, solid, meaty WIP first before I consider you signing onto the team for non-core tracks. Feel free to work on it, but you're not on yet for the reason stated here. :) I wish you luck.

6 hours ago, Darkflamewolf said:

As much as I'd like to get the core track list filled, there has been precendence that someone can claim a non-core track list and get it to be a part of the main track list (Yoshiblade's choice). However, in this case, you'll have to provide a good, solid, meaty WIP first before I consider you signing onto the team for non-core tracks. Feel free to work on it, but you're not on yet for the reason stated here. :) I wish you luck.

Understood.

• Liontamer changed the title to Arcadia Legends - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic