Arcadia Legends - History

Darkflamewolf

Alright. Some of you guys have already been contacted by me already, and I plan on hitting the rest of you up in due time. I think it's time to post on the thread itself. (Well, again, at any rate)

Right now I'm in the process of mastering the final tracks. There are a few that may need remixing (heh) at the instrument level, but for the most part, a normal song mastering will be fine. 

So, please contact me if you have any concerns about your track for the mastering process. Also, for those in need of other sound engineering services, I'll be happy to help.

We are down to one last track unclaimed and I'm trying to claim a promise made to me about 2 years ago from @Jason Covenant a.k.a. Prophecy saying he would take the last unclaimed track, whichever one that was. I tried tracking down a reliable contact info from him, but outside of the PMs here at OCR which he hasn't checked since 2016 and websites for him that have been laid barren since 2011, is there any reliable way of contacting him?

Great news everyone! Jason Covenant has finally agreed to take the last track: Gilder's Theme! With this, every single track has been claimed and we are already mastering the finished tracks and as of this posting, 4 are completed and marked finished! We are well on our way of making this huge album a reality hopefully sometime later this year! Get excited Arcadia fans!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody!

I'm looking for somebody who is willing to record some metal guitar for my remix of "Final Battle".  Currently, I'm in the refinement phase of the remix, in which I'm using Shreddage II for my lead guitar sound.  It's a great sample library, BUT, my current sequencing skills only go so far and I'd really love to give the lead guitar part that extra edge by having it played live.

If anybody here is down to help me out or knows somebody I should contact, feel free to send me a message!

• 3 weeks later...

Things have been a bit stagnant right now. The final few tracks being stalled due to real life reasons for a bunch of the remixers and the mastering for the same reasons. However, we hope to get the remainder of these tracks finished by end of summer and proceed with the final mastering and setting up the album for hopefully a Christmas Release. We may completely miss the 15 year anniversary of SOA, but hopefully we can make the 16th year anniversary.

@Moseph If you are reading this, I really would like a unmastered wav file of your song ASAP. If we cannot get your wav by mid August, we will have to quickly find someone else to quick claim Fina's track and replace yours. We cannot work with mastering this track alongside the others on an MP3 which is the final and last file we were left with. Please get back to us ASAP or risk your track being dropped after so much work being done with it! Please!

I would like to repoint out our track listing progress which is current and up to date as of this evening: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19MJ6_QsHxvDJJlDN_bHbLXddLij8AmwKLn_7TANeN1g/edit?usp=sharing

Our masterer is hard at work at bold greening up all the tracks and making sure we make our 15th anniversary release date on time. When is that, you ask? Well if you count the Legends Gamecube release in Japan of December 26, 2002, then we have until December 25, 2018 to be within our release window of 15th anniversary! We are working real hard to make that date! Wish us luck!

As you can see, we got only a few more tracks left to finish by our talented remixers! Let's wish them luck and wrap this amazing album up once and for all! I hope you fans are starving for some Arcadia music!

DJPretzel turned in his track ahead of schedule! Yes!!! And it is pretty damn amazing! Also, for those who have been keeping track of the track listing, do you SEE all that bold green?! We are looking at the light of the end of the tunnel now. This three year journey is finally coming to a close! Skies of Arcadia fans, I sincerely hope you are ready!

Wow, nearly 3 years? A think a big thank you should go to everyone involved in this, you are all so close to the finish line and to see a project run consistently, no large hiatus or change in directions, this is amazing to see. Congratulations to DarkFlameWolf, Modus, Rotten Eggplant and everyone else!

Edited by DarcMujika
Font change for the final text

I know I joined late to the party (like, really late), but I just wanted to express how amazing everyone has been and amazing the music is. I really hope I’m doing all the talent involved with the project justice with my mastering. 

I can’t wait for the release of the album, as I believe that not only will this be an amazing gift for Skies of Arcadia fans, but for everyone as a whole! Thanks @Darkflamewolf and @Modus for allowing me to be a part of this!

Maybe my phrasing was overly dramatic in the sd3 thread. But people I haven't hard from in years are back in touch, so I'm not complaining. And things are going well, pre-release issues sorted out.

But let me help this project out a tad and reiterate what Darkflamewolf said:

provide some sort of contact info for the album website and project

Trust me, it matters.

I've started to rearrange the tracks into their final album order. Disc 1 is fully complete and arranged in how I want it to be. Discs 2 and 3 are kinda waiting on.... Jason Covenant and his Gilder's Theme track. I have absolutely no idea what his will sound like and as a result, I cannot fully commit a final album arrangement for Discs 2 and 3 without knowing where it could fit in the mix. So right now, we're just waiting on the final few tracks to filter in and we can finalize this album and get it going with all the steps with OCR to get it released!

DFW our project director is in the direct path of Hurricane Florence, although thankfully he does not live on the coast. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.. Rot and I are very worried for his safety and the preservation of his property.

DFW has put a gargantuan amount of hours into this along with the rest of us, and I've seen his incredible family on Skype during our chats and joking around. They are in dire need of protection at this time.

Please be safe DFW, and return with everything intact.. we're all thinking of you.

GUESS WHAT Y'ALL?!

ALL tracks are now finished and turned in. Sure we got two remaining tracks to master, but the bigger point here is this: We have a FULL and COMPLETE 36 track, 3-disc album finished on our hands! Now is the time to finish up any last minute admin stuff, designing the website, working with OCR on trailer creation and setting a release date around Christmas of this year to hopefully still land within the 15th anniversary year of Skies of Arcadia: Legends release! To top it off, we are working with DJPretzel himself to see if we can get a limited run print of physical copies of this album! Every contributor will get about 2 copies (One for themselves and one to share), while the rest will be handed out as promos and prizes/gifts free at Magfest and other events that OCRemix attends. There won't be any other way to snag these puppies if you weren't contributing, so another reason to come out to these fantastic events and meet OCR staff in person in hopes that you might get one of these beauties. More words to follow on that part. I'm just jazzed that it's all done and now it is time to clean up and get this out there to you!

Now without further adieu, The final track list which also has been updated on the first post of this thread:

Disc 1 - Defend the Home Isle

01 - Main Theme (Title Screen) - Claimed by pu_freak - Genre: Orchestral/Piano - 'The Voyage Begins'
02 - Vyse's Theme - Claimed by SBeast - Genre: Metal - 'Legend in the Making'
03 - Blue Pirate's Theme/Ship (combo track) - Clamed by OA - Genre: Rock/Dance - 'Blue Skies, Pirate Surprise'

04 - Air Pirate Island - Claimed by Ganae - Genre: Orchestral - 'Rogue Sanctuary'
05 - Air Pirate Secret Base - Claimed by Silent Ice - Genre: Dubstep Reggae - 'Secret Bass'
06 - Dungeon Cave - Claimed by Orphanin - Genre: Orchestral - 'Into the Deep Dark'

07 - Battle 1/Battle 2 (combo track) - Claimed by fxsnowy - Genre: Dubstep - 'Arcadian Assault'
08 - Victory in Battle / Bombardment Victory (combo track) - Claimed by GlacialSpoon - Genre: Techno - 'Victory! Glory! Profit?'

09 - Sailor Town - Claimed by Bluelighter - Genre: Marching Band - 'A Sailor's Respite.'
10 - Fina's Theme - Claimed by Moseph - Piano w/Accompaniment - 'Light of the Silver Moon'

11 - Drachma's Theme - Claimed by Tsori-Deedubs - Genre: K-Indie Folk - 'Better Days'
12 - Little Jack - Claimed by Chadlee/Rotten Eggplant/John Stacy - Genre: Jazz - 'On Wings of Feathers'
Estimated Run time: 46 mins

Disc 2 - To the Horizon

01 - Kingdom of Nasrad - Claimed by shredd - Genre: Metal - 'Blasting the Sand Demon'
02 - Bombardment 1 / Bombardment 2 (combo track) - Claimed by Deedubs - Genre: Trance - 'From the Perilous Skies to Your Heart'
03 - Entique's Theme - Claimed by Deedubs - Genre: Waltz - 'Valse pour un Prince Rebelle'
04 - Kingdom of Ixa'taki - Claimed by Garpocalypse - Genre: Folk - 'Valhorteka'
05 - Theme of Reflection - Claimed by Yoshiblade - Genre: Trance/Dance - 'Inner Reflections'
06 - Remote Town - Claimed by RebeccaETripp - Genre: Celtic - 'Rusted Hopes'

07 - Dark Rift Theme - Claimed by ZykO - Genre: Creepy Ambient - 'The Darkness is Already Here'
08 - Yafutoma Dawn / Eastern Air Pirates (combo track) - Claimed by Jorito/Aster/Furilas/Lauren the Flute - Genre: Spaghetti Wester - 'Il buono, il brutto e il pirata dell'aria'
09 - Theme of Loneliness - Claimed by Sentient Pulse - Genre: Chill EDM - 'Shrouded Void'
10 - Valua City - Claimed by Kylok - Genre: Folk Rock - 'Undervalued'
11 - Gilder's Theme - Claimed by Jason Covenant - Genre: Experimental - 'Coding Angel'

12 - Delphinus - Claimed by Jorito + Others - Genre: Orchestal - 'To the Horizon'
Estimated Run time: 64 mins

Disc 3 - I Am Legend

01 - Military Facility Dungeon - Claimed by djpretzel - Genre: Funk Rock - 'The MFD'
02 - Ramirez's Theme - Claimed by Guifrog - Genre: Orchestral Dubstep - 'Brain Sound Tilt'
03 - Gigas Theme - Claimed by PrototypeRaptor - Genre: Electronic - 'Black Moon'
04 - Nervous Crisis 1/ Nervous Crisis 2 (combo track) - Claimed by GlacialSpoon - Genre: Dubstep - 'Nervousness is Just Bravery Disguised'

05 - Boss Battle - Claimed by Tuberz McGee - Genre: Progressive Metal - 'Life in a Vyse'
06 - Great Silver Temple - Claimed by Sam Dillard - Genre: Orchestral - 'Shining Silver'
07 - Armada/Armada Battle (combo track) - Claimed by Deedubs - Genre: Orchestal/Electronica - 'God's Ambition'
08 - Last Dungeon - Claimed by Supercookmile/Deedubs - Genre: Synthezied Loneliness - 'In Solitude, I Scream'
09 - Zealous - Claimed by Glejs - Genre: Electronica Trance - 'Unknown Menace'
10 - Last Battle - Claimed by Deedubs/Sixto Sounds - Genre: Orchestral Metal - 'Silver Nightmare'

11 - Legendary Sinking Continent - Claimed by Scott Buckley - Genre: Orchestral - 'The End of a Dream'
12 - Credits - Claimed by Juke - Genre: Orchestral - 'Hearth and Home'
Estimated Run time: 58 mins

Total Run time: 168 mins - or - 2 hours and 48 mins

• Liontamer changed the title to Arcadia Legends - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic