OCR03247 - Super Castlevania IV "Heart of Limestone"

Liontamer

• 1 month later...

Interesting atmosphere in this arrangement; it feels otherworldly somehow, like I'm witnessing the decyaing life of some cave monster. That's just one take on it though. I really like the overtone of darkness, even in the lighter moments. Writing aside, great performance. 

Solo piano fits the source quite well, and this mix does a great job of conveying the ominous and spoopy feeling of the source and Halloween. I have a minor issue with the piano pausing shortly, for instance at 1:36, but that's really just nitpicking. Good playing and solid arrangement, and an overall great mix!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03247 - Super Castlevania IV "Heart of Limestone"
  • 1 month later...

Pretty haunting atmosphere going on with this solo-piano piece, and a fantastic performance to boot. Even when the pace picks up, the piano feels right at home with the dark arrangement. Caught that Mystic Cave zone cameo as well, which was a neat surprise. Very good ReMix, Rexy, I liked this quite a lot.