Kingdom Hearts ReMix Album Project -- Cancelled

Chernabogue

KINGDOM HEARTS REMIX ALBUM PROJECT

TRACKLIST

The project is cancelled due to the low interest in a KH album. Thanks and sorry everyone who wanted to help and/or supported the idea. Peace.

Project description

Kingdom Hearts has AWESOME music by Yoko Shimomura, and its soundtrack is really, really underrepresented in terms of remixes (which is a shame lol). So what would be the plan? Remix the soundtrack from the first KH game. The soundtrack is very diversified as the heroes travel across various different worlds.

How to participate?

You're a posted mixer on OCR or have some interesting experience in the VGM scene (DoD, YouTube, etc.): you can directly claim a track and start remixing it.

You're not a posted mixer: send me a PM with some of your work (as an audition), and we'll discuss the possibility.

You want to do art, video, etc.? Send me a PM and we'll discuss how you can help.

Legal Note

Since OCR made an agreement with Square Enix during the FF6 Kickstarter, please, don't use any SFX from a KH game or directly sample your remix from its source.

Deadlines & WiPs

Tentative release date: whenever the hell KH3 comes out lol -- The first deadline will be announced when I get a lot of claims on the tracklist.

Each time a deadline is reached, I'll need an update on your claim(s), with a WIP track. If you miss a deadline, no problem -- I can understand that real life can be busy. But don't sit too long on a claim either (even if I already worked with some last-minute rushers ;)) -- If you fail to give me updates several times, I'll have to remove your claim (meaning someone else can take it -- You can also retake it by sending in a WiP).

Collaboration

Collaboration helps a lot. Don't hesitate to ask someone for help on your track(s)! :)

- Chernabogue: orchestra/drum programming, mixing, mastering

- timaeus222: mixing/mastering, dubstep/drum & bass/EDM drum programming, atmospheric and synth-lead sound design, rhythm/lead electric guitar, orchestral strings

If you have any question, send me PM or post here.

Chern of bogues, you gotta truncate the tracklist down to (1) key tracks, and (2) remove all copyrighted / music not made specifically for the game!

We could all remix Under the Sea, or This Is Halloween, but that's not allowed on OCR 8-)

I already cut out half of the OST lol, but I'll give it another pass. Could be cool to have it under 40 tracks.

As for copyrighted music / music not made specifically for the game, maybe it could fit the album. Most of them (at least UtS and TiH) are very important to the album's flow IMO.

I've been waiting for an album like this since I first got on OCR, and that was... oh, just right after the DKC2 album dropped.

UUUUGGGHHH, SO GOOD!

Tuberz is coming here to say again that I will support this wholeheartedly. 

Like seriously. Favourite game series. 

pls guiz lets do this

One more thing. Can I put a tentative claim on... um... everything?

Oh, no, you don't! Leave some for the rest of us!

I stand by what I said before, Dearly Beloved and if you'd have me for 2, Simple and Clean :razz:

I still think you should take the Disney songs off the list though, it'd be a shame of Disney caught wind and was against their property being remixed/released even for free

Plus, if you stuck to the original themes of the game, it'd make it much easier to manage and smaller

Why does everyone want to claim Dearly Beloved lol

I only kept "Under the Sea" and "This is Halloween". I removed all the other Disney songs, but those two seem important to the album/soundtrack (IMO). Two tracks aren't a big deal, even more if remixers stick to the game's version. :)

Because it's a simple and super recognizable piece? And while I'd like to see those tracks be in the album, I don't know if OCR can OK that (fingers crossed).