*NO* Sword of Vermillion 'Last City'

Liontamer

Requests for the link to be left up, but sent it by email. Uhhh... - LT

Hello again Judge’s Panel from OC ReMix. I’m sending you another old game music remix I’ve made it, this time back from 1995. The tones are from an old PSR-510 from Yamaha I used to have at that time. It’s from a great game with some really good Sega music, hope you enjoy it.

CONTACT INFO

ReMixer name: Cosmonal

Email: cosmonal@terra.com.br

REMIX INFO

Game Remixed: Sword Of Vermillion

Song: Last City

System: Mega Drive / Sega Genesis

See you,

Cosmonal

PS: you may leave the link for others to download if it’s rejected.

---------------------------------------------------

http://project2612.org/download.php?id=180 - 29 "Last City"

Didn't even name the track anything different from the source tune. Always a bad sign. (I completely cut/pasted.)

Submission Instructions & Standards]In terms of arrangement - how close or distant ReMixes should be to the original - the general rule is that the ReMix should be YOURS. We don't just mean that you were involved in its creation, but that it is different enough from the original so as to readily illustrate the contributions, modifications, and enhancements you have made. In other words, don't just take the original and drop a few drum loops on top. Also, don't simply take a MIDI file and assign new instruments to the parts, or add reverb, and expect that to pass as 'yours'. When we say 'ReMix', we actually mean something closer to 're-arrangement', if that helps clarify. If you listen to most of the pieces on the site and compare them to the originals, you should get an idea of what a ReMix is.

Sounds like a grade-up album version. Very reminiscent and authentic to the style of the SST Band with the synth choices, but hardly any interpretation to speak of. The loop point is even that same at 1:14.

Much like my previous NO Override, the arrangement does feature some minor embellishments compared to the original. In this case, you have some minor additional parts, for example the bells.

All in all, negligible additions and not a reinterpretation of the theme on any meaningful level. 2 MIDI rip/verbatim loops of the original, followed by a vox fade at 2:29.

NO Override

• 5 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I have to agree that this is a NO OVERRIDE. This takes the basic arrangement of the original piece and upgrades it to MIDI-ish instrumentation. I would argue that the feel of the original was actually a little better than this, even, because the sounds are so basic and plain here. Other than these production changes I did not hear anything significant that could be considered rearrangement. Simply adding material and re-playing the original on different instruments does not cut it for our standards, as Liontamer pointed out. I suggest running your mixes by the people over at the Works in Progress forum here on this site before you submit, and provide a link to the source tune too.