Rance03 - Ithere - remix

Modern Sapphire

Hey guys, it's my first time posting here,

I've been writing music for a while as a hobby, and about a month and a half ago I decided I'd actually sit down and study music theory/technology, so I got myself a copy of Live and a couplea books. Hopefully I can learn a lot from here, too.

Rance03 was released this year and is a remake of a 1992 game by the same name. I tried to take inspiration from the original 1992 track as well as the remake.

Here's the 1992 Version

Here's the recent version

And here's my version

https://soundcloud.com/gettoya/enter-ithere (Old)

EDIT: Removed some high tones on the lead Synth

https://soundcloud.com/gettoya/enter-ithere-1

Also, whilst this game is an RPG, so classifies as a "game", it's also eroge, is that allowed? If not then I'll remove this post, but I couldn't find any indication so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Looking forward to your feedback!

I really hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I couldn't listen to that for very long. That really high synth is piercing. Maybe someone else can chime in and tell me I'm crazy, but I think you definitely need to cut out the top end that synth. 

Haha no I don't take offense, actually this is exactly the kind of thing I want to hear! I'm new to music technology so hearing something like this lets me connect the theory and practice together.

I can see what you mean too, I've been listening to it with really low quality headphones so it's likely I can't notice, but regardless the frequencies ARE pretty high.

Bit embarassed that the first problem is something that makes it difficult to listen to the whole thing, though. It's a shame but I'll learn

Thanks!

No need to be embarrassed. Jimi Hendrix made nothing but mistakes before he practiced. Lots and lots of practice, dude. 

Haha, there's a name I didn't expect to hear, you are right though, like everything it's the more you do it.

Also updated the song as per your suggestion, I can really hear the difference now