Chimpazilla

Contact Information

Submission Information
  • Killer Instinct Gold
  • Secrets of Kung Fu
  • Kim Wu Theme, Jago KI1 Theme, Jago Gold Theme
  • Killer Instinct 2/Gold composer:Graeme NorgateRobin Beanland
  •  
  • I was always a fan of ki music and I'm a big kim wu fan theme and all so I figured I would make a vgm remix as paying homage to the character.I wanting to try something different with the oriental sound of the original track so I went for a funk like electro sound that I think turned out great I know it rough around the edges, but I'll work better in the near future I hope you all enjoy.

Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

Groovy! I like your sound choices here, very smooth and genre-appropriate. You've got a nice adaptation going here.

Sound choices are great, your production is on point. The mixing sounds super clean on here... too clean, in fact. It sounds to me like I'm listening to an unmastered version of the track - a little master compression would help this track shimmer and really thump like it ought to.

My biggest beef with this is the repetitive nature of the track - it seems like you go through 8 bars of the melody, have a drop-out transition, and then go right back into the same structure several times throughout the course of the remix. For a track that's only 3 and a half minutes long, there's an awful lot of repetition. To your credit, each pass through incorporates new solos and synths, so it's not repetitive in that sense, but the structure feels like it retreads the same territory over and over again, especially because you rely on similar transitions and chopped sound effects throughout the track. A more pronounced breakdown/buildup or solo section would help break things up.

I could definitely see this passing with another round of revisions, it feels like this is about 75% there but I'm not quite sold on the arrangement or mastering at this point.

NO (resubmit!)

Cool funky disco vibe right away.  The bass writing is good. The track has some great elements, but it relies on constant drum-dropouts and stop-start effects.  The soundscape never changes once it is established.  This track has definite promise but I feel like it ends up sounding repetitive and never goes anywhere.  The production is pretty good overall, could use a little boost in the highs.  The sustained backing string could benefit from some sidechaining with the kick.  This could be a really cool track, but the repetitiveness is killing it for me.  As Wes said, maybe some kind of real breakdown would add the arrangement variation that I'm hoping to hear as I listen to this.  It's close though, for me.

NO (resubmit please)

• 4 weeks later...

Great track, The soundscape is excellent and i am groovin'. I agree that a bit more arrangement variety would be nice in the transitions, but overall it felt that there was just the one speed and it never changed up. I think it's really close but needs a bit more work to vary the different sections.

No, please resubmit