Chimpazilla

Contact Information

Submission Information
  • Mega Man 5: Darkman Stage
  • Wily´s Doom
  • Mega Man 5 Darkman Stage Music
  • Original score composer: Mari Yamaguchi
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ipPeVc0i7I
  • The song was requested by a user in the forums. 

The music is recorded in Cubase 7. 

Other information: This remix is produced, mixed and recorded by Rocklynn.

Lead guitar by my brother Johan Tauriainen (remix name JT)

Song: Rocklynn & JT - Wily´s Doom

Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

Pretty cool cover, I can see this finding a lot of attention and praise on Youtube on its own merits. Your production and performance is very cool, but unfortunately, with regards to OCR standards this is pretty much just that - a cover. I'm not hearing a lot of interpretation or development over the source past the genre adaptation. The track is also very short - at 2 minutes, I really don't want to be hearing much repetition whatsoever and this track basically repeats itself a second time with a new set of rhythm guitars and drums.

Need to hear more development and original interpretation/writing in order for this to be considered for OCRemix. No hate on your track meant, it's a great cover but unfortunately not really what we're looking for!

NO

Really good performances here.  The arrangement is super conservative but I like the adaptation to metal.  Unfortunately as Wes pointed out, this is a short track and it consists basically of two playthroughs of nearly identical arrangement.  The mixing is good, so it's just the arrangement I'm having an issue with.  I'd love to hear this again with the second half having some variations in writing or instrumentation.

NO

• 4 weeks later...

I think you guys are selling the arrangement and expansion a little short, and there is a decent amount of interesting rhythmic changes added, and the track evolves a bit with some cool double kick getting added into the second repetition of the melody, but I do think that a bit more expansion is needed for it to pass the arrangement bar. Some things to make it more expansive and exciting would be additional harmonies, some minor melodic or lead changeups, and/or a shredding solo. This is definitely on the right track, but needs a little more to hit the arrangement bar. I really enjoyed it and would love to hear a resubmission. :-)

No, please resubmit