OCR03256 - Super Mario Land "Seven Pipes to Heaven"

Liontamer

You just keep blowing us away with these awesome chord changes and irregular time signatures. STOP IT! :lol: If this were an actual live performance, this would convey the instrumentalists being really into it. It's that good.

For instance, at 2:09, I was expecting the exact chord you would play at 2:12, and you chose THAT chord, which was just the right choice IMO. That kind of small stuff really makes this shine.

I'm really glad to see this one on the site, thanks everyone! Yes it's true, the arrangement is quite liberal due to original writing and soloing, and my time stamping was in fact a bit inaccurate. Sorry judges :-)

Next time it's gonna be better, at least regarding the timestamping.

@ timaeus222: And there will be lots of reharmonized chords and irregular time sigs, muah ha ha!  :twisted:

• 3 months later...

I was in love with this mix when I heard it (and commented on it ;)) in the Workshop forums and has been in my soundcloud playlist for quite some time - I even played your arrangement quite a few times on the piano myself. The different time signature works very well and the build-up throughout the mix is really good! One of my favorite mixes of the past few years - keep on pumping out the good stuff :D 

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03256 - Super Mario Land "Seven Pipes to Heaven"
  • 1 month later...

I am impressed on how well you handle switching up the time signatures for these themes, and honestly the longer the song went, the better off it sounded, like setting into a groove. The uniqueness of this arrangement helps it really stand out alongside the great transitions between the themes and your original sections. Giving this jazzy piece a touch of gospel flavor was a great idea, as I think it worked pretty damn well. A very good mix, man!