Metroid Prime - Ridley

roryglenn1

Hey OCR!

This song contains the Ridley theme from some of the earlier Metroid games, though the exact version I was constantly referencing is from Metroid Prime 1. I am very excited to share this with you guys, as it is my favorite arrangement that I have done in my "Tribute to Metroid" playlist.

To reiterate my intentions on making this, here are my thoughts. "I had this idea of taking the song and making it darker, more cinematic, and more aggressive with some heavy hitting drums and percussion. I tried to keep in mind the balance of familiarity (the common melody that everyone knows) and the unknown (new interesting ideas)".

With that concept in mind, I would really appreciate it if you could take a listen and let me know what you think!

Hope you like it,

-Rory

Remix - https://soundcloud.com/roryglenn/ridley?in=roryglenn/sets/tribute-to-metroid-prime

Original - https://youtu.be/tBq_SueS8oo?t=2h24m4s

• 1 month later...

Nice Damage (?) drums. I'd say that they kind of drew your attention away from fine-tuning instruments other than your drums. Try disabling your drums for a moment and seeing how this sounds without them. Then, try getting the remaining instruments on-par with the drums. At 0:01 - 0:10, if you listen closely, you should be able to tell that the instruments have very similar velocities, so they're lacking the dynamics that would make them more expressive.