OCR03318 - *YES* Kirby Air Ride 'Frozen Fantasie'

djpretzel

Pretty; a little quiet.

- djp

---

Hey, I've got another Kirby solo piano piece, this time representing one of my favorite themes from Kirby Air Ride; I thought I'd try something a bit closer to my classical roots this time around. I always loved the tension in Frozen Hillside's theme, and I thought it'd lend itself well to a more emotionally varied interpretation, with subtle dynamic changes at first, then leading up to a big, intense climax before finally reaching a satisfying, celebratory conclusion. I hope you enjoy it!

Here's a link to the track: 

Contact information:
ReMixer name - jdaster64
Real name - Jonathan Aldrich
E-mail address - 

Thanks a bunch!
~ Jonathan "jdaster64" Aldrich

• 1 month later...

This is exquisite! I think the artist's submission comments say it all - the source tune adapts perfectly to a classical style. The arrangement is pretty straightforward, without a lot of original writing or frills, but the performance is incredibly emotive, and introduces an even more dramatic and satisfying dynamic curve than the original. The number of solo piano submissions we receive seems to have dwindled lately, so it's especially gratifying to hear something this well-done that touches on a source from a very under-appreciated game. Bravo!

I'm not listening on my normal setup at the moment, so if someone else could check the volume levels and see how that sounds, that'd be awesome. From an arrangement perspective, I think this is firing on all cylinders.

YES

Emu summed it up well. I would have liked more melodic interpretation, but the live performance flair and subtle variations within that did provide the level of interpretation we call for. Beautiful arrangement & performance, Johnathan.

Sure, you could call the levels a little quiet, but it's loud enough and everything has room to breathe. Definitely wouldn't require a louder version, no way.

YES

• Chimpazilla changed the title to 2015/02/15 - (3Y) Kirby Air Ride 'Frozen Fantasie'

Agreed this could be definitely louder. It's not dealbreaking soft, but compared to other OCR tracks of this nature it's noticeably lower in overall volume. I do however appreciate the dynamics across this track, a lot of great soft and louder parts that really add character to the source. There is a lot of emotion captured here in the mix which owes itself to human playing. I thought the mix could've done with a little more source experimentation as well as a little more low end, but overall I'm happy with this one.

YES