*NO* Minecraft 'Subwoofer Lullaby (Lombus Mix)'

djpretzel

I dig it; if arrangement checks out (production seems slick), we'd need a new title.

- djp

---

Your ReMixer name - Lombus

• Your real name - Liam Davis

Submission Information

• Name of game(s) arranged - Minecraft
  • Name of arrangement - C418 - Subwoofer Lullaby (Lombus Remix)
  • Name of individual song(s) arranged - Subwoofer Lullaby
  • Additional information about game including composer, system, etc. (if it has not yet been added to the site)
  • Link to the original soundtrack (if it is not one of the sound archives already available on the site) - https://c418.bandcamp.com/album/minecraft-volume-alpha
  • Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc. - Just for fun! I layered multiple tracks of the song and pitch shifted them and essentially just played over it. Enjoy!
Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

That's got to be the most nebulous source ever in the history of video games.  My son plays hours of Minecraft, and even I have never heard this theme that I can recollect (it's that unmemorable).  I know there is enough source here though, because this: 

"I layered multiple tracks of the song and pitch shifted them and essentially just played over it. Enjoy!"

Are we allowing this?  It does make for a very nice track, I love what he's done with it, but ultimately, it's game audio duplicated, pitched and tweaked.  It sounds very raw and Burial-esque, especially with the crackle effect.  Very cool concept.  

The clap is too loud.

Dave, Larry?  Are we allowing this?

• 2 months later...
On 11/25/2015 at 4:45 PM, Chimpazilla said:

Are we allowing this?  It does make for a very nice track, I love what he's done with it, but ultimately, it's game audio duplicated, pitched and tweaked.  It sounds very raw and Burial-esque, especially with the crackle effect.  Very cool concept. 

Yeah, I'm questioning this as well. It is the original track that we're talking about, which I'm leaning towards a NO.

• Chimpazilla changed the title to 2015/02/16 - (2?) Minecraft 'Subwoofer Lullaby (Lombus Mix)'
  • 1 month later...