OCR00605 - Punch-Out!! "Little Mac's Confession"

orkybash

• 1 month later...

Was looking for metal versions of the nintendo classics but if it thats the sound i'll stick with the originals. Whats with the vocal and lyrics? It's not a new song,it's a cover so give it up. I'd rather go for the techno versions then this. The beginning almost fooled me that this was something good. Too much "personal touch" destroyed it... :evil:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, this is my first post here, but I've been reading the forums/listening to these remixes for too long. 8) And yes, I can't praise this song enough. I mean, am I the only one who's noticed the wordplay? Mr. Dream had turned into a nightmare... Some Hooks, a barrage of his claws. Couple this with the seamless integration of new riffs and existing tunes from the game...I've burned this onto a mix CD, I listen to it every day, and I STILL can't believe the sheer talent behind this band. Just wanted to add to the mountain of praise this song already has.

The galloping double bass at the moment when the song first picks up is incredible, and the end to the second chorus when the game sample comes in and the "countdown" theme starts. . .that gives me a chill down my spine that only the likes of Opeth and Amorphis have been able to do.

This is likely my favorite remake of a VG song, ever.

I agree boys. This song is great. I am looking forward to more contributions from "game over". These guys are talented. Hey "game over", if you are reading this, I want more remixes of classic NES games like Punch-OUT!!! Keep up the good work guys. How about Contra next hehe?

I loved the knockdown theme they added in the song. Great touch.

• 4 weeks later...

I absolutley would love this mix to death if the drums didn't sound soooooo fake. Actually, it isn't all the drums. It's pretty much just the snare. It's too poppy. Now I know what you're thinking "What a nit-picker" but you have to remember, that sound is repeated every 2 and 4 throughout the whole song. And even more than that at some points. The arrangement is spot on sounding like a Dream Theater type deal. Except the lead singer isn't a woman like the Dream Theater guy. :D The "falling down" sound that occurs as they say Punch-Out is just awesome. Hell, this whole song kicks three and a half pounds of ass. Definitely an OCR classic.

I have finished my Dragonball Z Music Video using the song Punch-Out!! "Little Mac's Confession". I encourage everyone who likes this song (and dragonball z) to check it out! It came out great and I think it is a great Tribute to Game Over, and their awesome song!

where is this???? it sounds cool!!!

anyway,

this is a hit over here, all my friends love it, and for good reason. The mix is quite rough imo, but the vocals are cool and instrumentation is really neat...

excellent job!!!! I like it how all the songs in the game were incorporated. I will try that in my up and coming ninja gaiden remix,

• 4 weeks later...

My jaw is dropping and I am drooling. This is one of the sickest remixes I've heard. I love this mix! And the lyrics rock because I've fought Mr. Dream before and that bitch is a tough cookie. Awesome, I checked out Game Over's site too, and they got some good stuff.

• 1 month later...

I'll grant that the "PUNCH OUT!" part is a little cheesy, but it's just like throwing in the "MORTAL KOMBAAATTT!" part into the song....it's just there and it isn't too bad.

But anyway, god damn I love this mix. Wootness, goes on the CD. They get my vote.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, i haven't really played this game that much, but this remix...whoah! Um...which rock band did this again.

Amazing...taking a 8-bit vg theme, and turning it into a killer piece. Wow. I never thought that of all the games, Punch-Out could have the most killer one. Forget all of the Chrono Trigger, Mega Man, and Final Fantasy remixes...nothing can compare to this!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Was looking for metal versions of the nintendo classics but if it thats the sound i'll stick with the originals. Whats with the vocal and lyrics? It's not a new song,it's a cover so give it up. I'd rather go for the techno versions then this. The beginning almost fooled me that this was something good. Too much "personal touch" destroyed it... :evil:

when you can do better, then i think people will start to listen to you :roll:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I first heard this remix, it was at Starmen.net when they played it on PSI Radio. And it was that very same remix that lead me to this site. I'd be stupid NOT to download it. It get's a whopping 10/10!

EDIT: Oh an for the record, if you have problems viewing the lyrics here, you always find them at Game Over's website: www.nintendometal.com

• 4 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00605 - Punch-Out!! "Little Mac's Confession"