OCR00605 - Punch-Out!! "Little Mac's Confession"

orkybash

Punch-Out!! 'Little Mac's Confession'

I'll just start by saying this: I'm generally opposed to adding lyrics to instrumental video game music, since I think the music should be able to speak for its self. Nevertheless, this song is VERY well done, and the lyrics add a lot to it (except for the "Punch out!", which I found more than a little cheesy). This is definitely something I would listen to again, so give it a try regardless of your stance on lyrics. And if you like your VG music with lyrics, then there shouldn't be any doubt, should there?

• 2 weeks later...

This is outstanding. I'm not a huge metal fan, but I loved this. At points, the vocals seem hard to understand and should have been brought out more. Thats my only complaint. It is nice to actually hear a decent vocalist for a video game cover. Even if you don't like metal, this one is worth the download. Burn it and love it.

This mix is very godly, I agree with Legion303. The lyrics are perfect in my mind, I don't have any complaints about that. In fact I really do think that they pay a good tribute to the game. A must have for your collection, hands down.

• 2 weeks later...

Like everyone else has said, if you like lyrics...personally I don't, especially when the lyrics are talking about or saying the name of the game...but this is really good. Quality guitar and you KNOW it's Punch Out right away. Though I wonder why the screen shot they show is from the non Tyson one, rather, they chose Mr Dream.

This is one of my most favorite game remixes of all time. Game Over did an outstanding job on this and adding the lyrics made it that more special. The only problem I had with this song was they should have used better drums, I just feel that all rock music should come with great drums too. But overall an outstanding remix from a very talented music group and I cant wait to hear some more of their latest work.

Rock On! 8)

The triple kick in the bass drum really appealed to me, leading me to ask my brother (who is quite knowledgeable in music) what other songs have really pronounced, fast, hard bass drum parts in them. He ended up recommending Evolution by Symphony X, The Glass Prison by Dream Theater, Get To The Gone by Static X, and Shine by Sevendust. Just thought I'd share. :)

• 1 month later...

This is, to my mind, the epitome of all video game remixes. 100% Kick-ass and guaranteed to satisfy. The lyrics/vocals add a LOT to the piece and are very well done, not to mention the spectacular guitar work. If you don't have this song, you're missing out. My only complaint would be the drum work. The rhythm of the drums is fine...but they lack the right amount of ... I dunno, "oomph" or "kick". In other words, the drums sound like they came from a machine, rather than from a person playing a set of drums. Still, this song rocks (literally) and is my favorite from this site! Take a bow, Game Over, you deserve it.

• 3 weeks later...

Not much can be said other than Amazing. It's prefectly composed with added sounds from the game itself. The only somewhat bad part is that the drumming get's a bit frantic, mostly because it's the only part that wasn't actually performed. If you've listened to it 10 times, and still can't get the lyrics, Nintendometal.com has the lyrics for all thier songs.

• 2 weeks later...

This song pretty much defines what this site is all about. Awesome guitar work, lyrics that actually go with the game concept and sound great, and actually add onto the song, Game Over has made this into something else. Saying "jawdropping" is a gross understatement. Although the drums could use more of a heavier feeling, the song is otherwise flawless. There needs to be more remixes from metal bands. Great great stuff. It should be a crime not to have this.

why do you all insuilt this remix the way you do? dont your realize none of your compliments will ever truly do this song justice? perfect is an understatement. i will never hear anything that will top this. If the weekly/monthly whatever spotlight starts, this is the first one there. Im so so so serious about this. You better be listening to the song as your reading this thread. I was and it made every word so much more meaningful. This song is really the best this site has to offer. And i am pretty much a mostly techno, house, trance fan and only like choice rock and metal songs. BEST EVER! (everything i have said is nowhere near good enough the praise this song deserves)

• 5 weeks later...

This is my new Favorite OC ReMix! Along with Castlevania 2 - Bloody Hell. This ReMix is totally awesome! Me and my friends are big fans of the game, and this is the best tribute to it ever! I am working on a DBZ music video with this ReMix right now and it will be at http://breemanamv.8m.com when it is finished, and let me tell you, im not just a newbie video editor, I made it to the second round of majin planet's ( http://www.majinplanet.com ) Fight Club DBZ music video contest, so you can expect my "Punch Out" music video to be a really good tribute to Game Over.

also Sammich, your brother has great songs reccomendations, The Glass Prison from Dream Theater's new Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence is a great song! Dream Theater is my #1 favorite band and barely anyone I know has heard of them before I told them about them. It really cool that your brother reccomended such an awesome band as them. They are definately a band to check out, like this remix!

• 1 month later...

I have finished my Dragonball Z Music Video using the song Punch-Out!! "Little Mac's Confession". I encourage everyone who likes this song (and dragonball z) to check it out! It came out great and I think it is a great Tribute to Game Over, and their awesome song!

http://www.geocities.com/breemanamv/DBZvids.htm

This is the link to the page that has the video, it is the first video on the list, and if you are too lazy to go there, right click this next link in the forum and select save target as to save my punch out video to your computer.

http://www.angelfire.com/apes/punchout/punchout.rm

The main link to my web-site is http://breemanamv.8m.com , enjoy my videos! :D

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00605 - Punch-Out!! "Little Mac's Confession"