OCR03350 - *YES* Mass Effect 3 & 1 'Saving Earth'

djpretzel

Sounds pretty hot to me, but I don't know the Mass Effect scores too well. Considerable epicality at ONLY two minutes...

- djp

---

Link: 

Contact Information

Submission Information
  • Name of the Games Arranged: Mass Effect 1, Mass Effect 3
  • Name of arrangement: Saving Earth
  • Name of the individual songs arranged: Mass Effect 1 "Main Theme", Mass Effect 3 "Leaving Earth", Mass Effect 3 "An End Once and For All"
  • Original Composers Sam Hulick, Jack Wall, Clint Mansell
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVm_ljDSdwA, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGHA9oO1Ybg, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5JvbD2Zc9I
  • The track features a modified riff from Mass Effect 1 Main Theme (at 1:00) mixed with "Leaving Earth".  0:33 is original material that adopts the same/similar chords from "Leaving Earth" and "An End Once and For All". The final theme is heard 1:13 to the 1:44. The riff from the beginning returns to end off the track with a beat.

• 3 months later...

Man, what a great soundscape! The sources used are pretty epic in their own right, but the combination here really works well, and I wouldn't have guessed it was a mix of sources without being told. Really enjoyable! I do wish it were a little longer, but the mix doesn't feel like it's lacking due to the length.

YES

I'm very familiar with the sources (I even remixed one of these) and they are well represented here.  This is really cool, epic in all sense, but also short and to the point.  Instrument quality is very good, with believable performances and good care of dynamics and flow.  The use of percussion is on point.  The low end is rumbling a little, but I don't think it's a huge issue.

The arrangement is great, incorporating all 3 sources in a natural way.   The usage of leaving earth as a support for the other melodies was pretty smart, and the original content fits in very well.   I specially liked the buildup to 1:47 where you can hear hints of the main theme in the background while "An end" takes the main stage.

Epic track, very fitting for the source material.  

YES

• Sir_NutS changed the title to 2015/03/19 - (2Y) Mass Effect 1 & 3 'Saving Earth'

This is awesome! Great intensity throughout, great sound quality, with plenty of personalizing flourishes. One of my favorite touches were the cellos from 1:14-1:46. The horns, the percussion, the strings... Everything sounds great to me! The somewhat short length leaves me wanting for more, but I think that's a good thing in this case. More ReMixes, please! :)

YES

Great use of the sonic soundscape, effectively panned instruments and mixing that complements all parts. I very much appreciate the changes in tone across this piece, combining the difference sources seamlessly - and you've done this well in such a short timeframe, it actually left me wanting more. That's really the only fault I have with this one - I wish it was longer.

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to (2015/03/19) *YES - TAG* Mass Effect 1 & 3 'Saving Earth'
  • 1 month later...

Quick check to understand the source usage:

Mass Effect 1 Theme - :01-:33, 1:45.5-1:55.75 = 42.25 seconds
Mass Effect 3 "Leaving Earth" - :17-:27, :28.75-:30.75, :33.5-:37 = 15.5 seconds
Mass Effect 3 "An End, Once and for All" (1:15, 1:38 with strings) - 1:13-1:44.5 = 33.5 seconds

Checks out. Brilliant, seamless weaving of these themes. The ME1 main theme is easy to overlook without it being expressly pointed out, so I appreciated that. Nice job, Paul, and welcome aboard!

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to (2015/03/19) *YES* Mass Effect 3 & 1 'Saving Earth'