Chrono Cross "Song of Ruin" (Finished)

noTuX

Hey again,

Got a new mix up for ya.

This one is a remix of the "Tower of Ruin" song from the Chrono Cross Soundtrack (Yes another one).

But this time, its much different from my previous ToR remix I did a while back. I'm kinda experimenting here, and I like what I've done so far. I don't know the exact genre this would qualify under, so I'll just leave it up to you to decide.

I already know that some people will like it, while others might not, but its all good. Just as long as I can get it by the judges.

Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.angelfire.com/blues2/bluemagic/

nice guitar and piano bob! (like the sig, real or fake instruments?

Breakout was unexpected but pretty sweet.

Great start, I really like this one, can't really notice anything in the current version from a quick listen. As usual great soundscape. Not familar with the source tune, so no comment there. Also I'm sure ur gonna add a whole lot more to this one, it has a lot of room to grow in different directions. Hey u got all these great WIP's when r u gonna finish one and submit haha.

I don't remember the original tune, but your remix is really good! simple and pleasant! that break at 0:56 was just perfect! maybe you should change the ending... it's quite abrupt and... let's say... disappointing! It ends out of nowhere! and make this song a bit longer... I was just starting to enjoy the mix and it ended :(

hope I helped... develop this beauty and go for it!

Sorry it took so long for an update.

I've been getting my butt handed to me at school (and today was just my second day.)

I just made the song a little bit longer and did some more work on the drums.

I'm trying to find a nice sounding synth lead, to add just the right sound to the overall feeling of this song.

I'll make another update as soon as I can.

update! \o/

thanks for the longer version!

now... I believe that the "work" on the drums is what made the mix some more bass-like. Maybe that's the way it should be, but I prever the old style... higher sounds. I think that it suited better.

Anyway... you know what to do! Go ahead! :D

Update:

I took care of some of the issues you guys brought up with the drums.

I also threw a guitar solo in and am working on an ambient(ish) ending.

I just can't decide how I want to do it though. I'm thinking about ending it with just the pads and thunder storm sounds (sorta like how my old ToR WIP began).

Let me know what you think.

woa! an update that I have missed! sorry!

good work on the drums! I recovered that previous pleasant feeling!

I (still) haven't heard the original one yet to compare... but I guess you did a nice job arranging the tune itself!

And your ending got better, a bit strange for being quite lengthy. And you made an abrupt cut on the ending, easily noticeable... at least, fade it out nicely! ;)

That's my drop on the ocean... wait for someone bringing some rain! :D

Damn, I won't be able to post an update for a while. I just suffered a system crash last Friday. :cry:

I did manage to have most of my programs backed up on CDs including my projects but, for some really strange reason, now my computer cannot read those CDs. I keep getting a "redudancy error". So, I can't reinstall my "copy" of FL6 using the CD and I can't find my damn FL5 software anywhere. I also have my projects backed up on a floppy disk, so no worries there.

I am in the process of getting everything on my computer back in order and updated, but until I find another copy of FL6 or my FL5 software, I'm finished remixing.

I'm really sorry about this peeps.

Well, I hope you get your mixing system back up and running.

Once you do, here are some comments that may or may not be helpful.

I love the guitar. It starts out sad, but the beat coming in at 0:56 brings a determined mood to the song. I hear strings coming in the backround but they're very quiet after 1:20. I think they should get louder steadily as they come back in at 1:50. It's gone almost a minute of just building up the same mood and it could use something that piles the drama on a bit. At 2:40, after all that building up, it just starts to fade down to a finish. No climax. We need something that kindof bursts out of the speakers. Something that releases all that emotion that has been gathering up through the song and makes you want to listen again. This sets a neat atmosphere, but as it is, it feels like a story with no ending. Maybe after it's faded down, right where you have the end of the piece, add something that brings back the theme with a huge punch. Like at 1:20 only more powerful. you've got something cool 8) going here. Keep it up. I can't wait until you get your machine fixed, and I'm sure you feel the same way.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry its taking so long for the updates. I've been kinda busy with school and working on other projects.

In this update, I'm in the process of redoing the drumwork. What I have right now isn't exactly concrete, but it is an example of where I'm trying to go. I'm not really trying to go over-the-edge with the drums. I just want it to be really laid back.

I'll be adding more variations and whatnot in my future updates.

I'm still working on the ending, so what I have right now is not going to be all that great.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...