OCR03264 - Super Mario 3D Land "2D Beat"

Liontamer

I'm a pretty darned big dubstep fan, and this mix is way up there with my favorite tracks. The drop was pretty sexy, but no big deal honestly.The breakdown, though - frikin AMAZING, especially the part from 2:15 to 2:30. Chill and dirty at the same time, gotta love it.

someone help me get this song out of my head

• 3 weeks later...

Intro is very nice. I feel like I've listened to the chord progression somewhere before haha. Change at 1:00 is quite big, breaking the peaceful mood for what almost seems like a Transformer robot haha. The little progression at 1:28 was pretty cool.

I feel a bit troubled about this mix TBH. I really like the calmer parts of it, lead synths sound super pleasant and the backing synths just create a really lovely atmosphere. The heavier part at 1:00 kind of ruins the song a tad for me. Luckily it's the shortest part of the mix so I can say that I really like this overall! Ending was a tad weak though.

Dubstep is a hit or a miss for me. Unfortunately this is a miss for me, as I only really liked the beginning and the end, which seemed abrupt to me. Only ending with a looped drum sample seemed like an odd choice IMO. I will still recommend this track to people who do like dubstep. If you hate dubstep, you might not even wanna download it. If you can tolerate dubstep, you should download this track. If you love dubstep, then you absolutely must download this.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03264 - Super Mario 3D Land "2D Beat"
  • 1 month later...

After giving this one a listen, I think I'm honestly more of a fan of this kind of dubstep, where it has charm and a lighter melody that breaks up the actual dub sections, so that when it get aggressive, it has more purpose (even though this one was pretty tame), rather than normal buzzsaw-esque dubstep. It's a nice mix with a good beat, and overall a good addition to a pretty sweet album.