OCR03267 - Undertale "Golden Flowers"

Liontamer

Thus far I’ve kind of missed out on all the Undertale hype. With all these rave reviews, though, I suppose I ought to at least look into it. As for the mix, this is awesome! The synths flow, the drums have plenty of variation, and the guitars help raise the energy. I was wondering for a minute if the drums might should be a bit louder, but then I decided it was fine. If they were, they’d run the risk of overpowering the rest of the mix. So no complaints on that front, although please don't make them any quieter. Good stuff, you guys!

Undertale really caught my mind on fire with it's gameplay, music and story much like Shovel Knight did last year, so I'm thrilled to hear OA and Stevo take on some of the soundtrack's best themes (even though most of the OST is pretty "the best themes", :P ). The originals were both either epic or touching, but putting them together in a pop rock track that both ReMixer's really excel at was fun to listen to. The production was top notch and I really enjoyed the arrangement that allowed these themes to form a sweet song. For those who have played the game, this is an awesome picture of part of the game that really hammers in the feels, and for those who haven't played it yet, you'd really benefit from checking it out right after downloading this mix.

Really liking this mix. 

I too, have never played Undertale, but this remix is a good motivation to give it a shot. The song is very happy, uplifting, and float-y. Dreamy in a way. The breakdown at 2:35 is well executed and the piano sounds great with the sweeping wind chimes. As the song starts to pick up again, subtle guitar plucks follow and by 3:35 the song is back in full swing again.  It's a bit of a long track, nearly 6:30 mins. However, various changeups, interesting synth choices, and s-s-s-solos really help to keep it an interesting journey throughout. Good stuff!

I was listening to my current favorite remix posted this year when I decided to check out any new mixes posted, and uh, this might be my new favorite mix of the year. I'm so biased towards Undertale though, so, heheh…

wow, NICE. I really feel like I'm experiencing the Pacifist Route's final boss battle all over again! The source tunes are really recognizable, though with some unique flavor mixed in. Honestly, I could go on and on, but I feel like i might be delving into spoiler territory if I did :P

Just check this out, yeah?

Nice! Undertale on OCRemix! Love this games soundtrack and the plethora of arrangements that have already appeared on Youtube.

This feels an awful lot like credits music. Real good credits music.

I hear a lot of "Hopes and Dreams" in here. I know that "SAVE the World" is pretty much just "Hopes and Dreams", but this ReMix includes snippets of "Your Best Friend" which are only found in "Hopes and Dreams". /Pedantry.

Exactly like when I hear it in-game, my eyes teared up when "His Theme" happened.

I have only just played the game as of last week, and I already put it among FF7 and Chrono Trigger as one of my favorite RPGs of all time.  The soundtrack is a large portion of why I form that opinion, as is with the other games.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, uplifting rock/pop! I'm honestly not a man that particularly enjoys such happy sounding music but I can see that this one is nicely arranged and produced. The buildup in the intro was pretty nice. I like the drums used, add a nice feel to the song. Synth leads are also good, sounding very mellow and welcoming. Piano sounded a bit toy-like, but maybe it was intentional? It feels like you cut too many frequencies off it. Tone change at 4:10 is beautiful, my favourite part of the mix by far.

Overall, this is great! Clean production makes it sound super enjoyable and the arrangement is fun. Making 6 minute pop songs not drag is an accomplishment!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR03267 - Undertale "Golden Flowers"