OC ReMix presents Heart of a Gamer: A Tribute to Satoru Iwata

Liontamer

55982-1449292131.png

OC ReMix presents Heart of a Gamer: A Tribute to Satoru Iwata

December 6, 2015

FAIRFAX, VA..."On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -- Satoru Iwata (1959-2015)

On what would have been Satoru Iwata's 56th birthday, OverClocked ReMix pays tribute to the late game developer and president & CEO of Nintendo with the community's latest album, Heart of a Gamer: A Tribute to Satoru Iwata. Iwata was a gigantic figure in the world of video games whose loss was felt throughout the gaming community and around the world on July 11th of this year.

Heart of a Gamer features six tracks from eight artists arranging themes from eight soundtracks of games developed or contributed to by Satoru Iwata, a man whose life work was making the world a better & brighter place through video games. Organized by director Gerry "The Damned" Wheatley, and featuring artwork of Iwata surrounded by characters of games he worked on by Davy "Odai" Owen, Heart of a Gamer is available for free download at http://ocremix.org/info/Heart_of_a_Gamer:_A_Tribute_to_Satoru_Iwata.

This album was produced to help promote video game music, was made by fans, for fans, and is not affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo or HAL Laboratory; all original compositions, characters, and logos are copyright their respective owners.

The album's selection of games from Satoru Iwata's career includes:
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee & Brawl
  • Kirby's Adventure
  • Rollerball
  • Nintendo Land & Balloon Fight
  • EarthBound; and
  • Pokémon Gold Version.
"Whether in front of a computer monitor or a boardroom of investors, Iwata's love of games were what came first," observed director Gerry Wheatley. "His devotion to his company was never truer when, in financial trouble, he took a pay cut to make sure his employees were safe. When his colleagues were in need, he lent his time and skill to save their games. He wasn't just another name in the credits. He was truly part of the team."

Heart of a Gamer marks Gerry Wheatley's second directorial effort for OC ReMix. His first directed album in 2011, Pokémon: The Missingno Tracks, also honored a game franchise critically influenced and assisted by Satoru Iwata.

About OverClocked ReMix

Founded in 1999, OverClocked ReMix is an organization dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of video game music as an art form. Its primary focus is ocremix.org, a website featuring thousands of free fan arrangements, information on game music and composers, resources for aspiring artists, and a thriving community of video game music fans.

###